just won me a shannon phase!

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
yay!

i'm so happy.

$147 plus $10 shipping off of ebay.
"#9 E Shannon" on the inside.

i had little hope of actualy winning that auction, but i think booteeque pedal bidders are kind and back off when they know someone has a high max bid ... most of the time ...

now i just want a baby blue OD to get some warm cream lead tones ...
the kind that scream with the tone knob rolled back ...

besides that, gotta wire up the money for that FabFox amp, then maybe get one nice wah (as my 2 dunlops both suck ass) ... and then i'm DONE ...

i swear it.
mark my words.
i shall have EVERYTHING i need for guitar playing ...

ok
except maybe some nice pickups and a few hardware changes on my LP
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice. very nice. what tubes did you decide on for the fab fox?

you'll love that phaser.

for the record, who was bidding on it?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice. very nice. what tubes did you decide on for the fab fox?

you'll love that phaser.

for the record, who was bidding on it?

i KNOW i'll love the phaser. it's one of my favorite effects by far, and i've seen a gazillion people say the shannon owns everything. :D

for the Fab, i'm going with the 6V6 tube.
    In my mind i'd prefer the EL84, but it really doesn't matter, becuse THD is super cool and makes that nifty YELLOW JACKET. So since the amp is self biasing, i can just unscrew the 6V6, plug an EL84 in to the YJ and put the YJ in the 6v6 spot ... Rob is gonna make my amp in the EL84 chassis anyhow (taller) so that it can accomadate the extra height of the YJ with EL84 (16cm i think?) ...

he's also gonna call up THD and make sure the YJ works on both modes. He's sure about pentode, but not sure it will work in triode mode.

I gotta figure out which out "option" i want ... like slave or line level or headphone out or poweramp in ... i think i'm leaning toward line level out ... unless someone can tell me whether i can use slave to run a 1x12 at the same time the stereo outs are pushing a 2x12 ... not sure at all ...

anyhow ... thats it for now.
    except i'm stilll arguing internaly about trading my blonde '76 LP C for this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7388289767&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

anyone know off the top of their head if there are any obvious differences between an '83 LPC and a '76 ? i know i should get a historic '59 or something, but i just don't have THAT MUCH $$$$ :( :( :(

oh, and the bid list:
    sunchildtoo ( 49) US $141.50 Feb-09-06 06:42:57 PST

kaz_75 ( 403) US $139.00 Feb-09-06 19:11:56 PST

sunchildtoo ( 49) US $130.00 Feb-08-06 13:09:35 PST

symbolicguitar ( 142) US $125.01 Feb-07-06 00:11:23 PST

popekr ( 63) US $125.00 Feb-03-06 20:59:28 PST

sunchildtoo ( 49) US $120.00 Feb-06-06 13:52:20 PST

sunchildtoo ( 49) US $110.00 Feb-06-06 13:51:56 PST

sunchildtoo ( 49) US $100.00 Feb-06-06 13:51:43 PST

filter428 ( 56) US $75.00 Feb-06-06 10:19:58 PST

glyphis ( 64) US $68.00 Feb-04-06 12:25:20 PST

pholtz ( 34) US $65.00 Feb-04-06 08:22:37 PST

pholtz ( 34) US $50.00 Feb-03-06 18:54:40 PST

breakerfall13 ( 19) US $35.00 Feb-03-06 17:34:19 PST

glyphis ( 64) US $30.00 Feb-02-06 20:34:28 PST

breakerfall13 ( 19) US $25.00 Feb-03-06 17:34:12 PST

breakerfall13 ( 19)

breakerfall13? is he on here?
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591

breakerfall13? is he on here?

Yeah, thats HailHailVitalogy, I think.
  • moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, thats HailHailVitalogy, I think.

well i apologize for stealing "his" pedal.
    :D
    well i apologize for stealing "his" pedal.

You get the phaser or the uniphase?
  • moster78 wrote:
    You get the phaser or the uniphase?
    phaser.
    the red one.

i'm really a lot more partiarl to "true" phase sounds and not the univibe speaker thang.

i like that echoey\delay type phase that wooshes in and out a'la Dance The Night Away ...

love love love it ...

maybe i need a really good analog delay to add to my line up as well.

phaser.
    the red one.

i'm really a lot more partiarl to "true" phase sounds and not the univibe speaker thang.

i like that echoey\delay type phase that wooshes in and out a'la Dance The Night Away ...

love love love it ...

maybe i need a really good analog delay to add to my line up as well.

Nice, I snagged exhausted Uniphase off eBay awhile back, I like it, definitely need to play around with it some more, along with the Maxon AD-9 delay I got as well. Although I definitely should be trying to improve my playing more!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i had both. but i'm more the true phase type too. so i hope the uniphase provides moster with good service.
  • LOL!!!

i bid on that, my high was only 35$ hoping no one knew it was on there...oh well
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • LOL!!!

i bid on that, my high was only 35$ hoping no one knew it was on there...oh well

good thing you didn't win, man.
    this guy is a douche bag.

his auction ends at like 8:30 pm on friday, he only accepts cashiers check or MO, and requires payment within 7 days (NOT 7 BUSINESS days, just 7 days) ... i tell him today that i'll send it out on monday ... his fucking one line reply is "You better send in priority mail if it is to get here in time" ...

i told him, and i quote ... "I will send it out fucking fedex if that is what it takes, buddy. make sure you send my pedal insured, as i have been burned as well. in the mean time, take a vallium and RELAX. a little pushy?"

jeezus christ.
    some people. if you want payment in 7 days, have your auction end on a sunday or something. what a motherfucker.
    good thing you didn't win, man.
    this guy is a douche bag.

his auction ends at like 8:30 pm on friday, he only accepts cashiers check or MO, and requires payment within 7 days (NOT 7 BUSINESS days, just 7 days) ... i tell him today that i'll send it out on monday ... his fucking one line reply is "You better send in priority mail if it is to get here in time" ...

i told him, and i quote ... "I will send it out fucking fedex if that is what it takes, buddy. make sure you send my pedal insured, as i have been burned as well. in the mean time, take a vallium and RELAX. a little pushy?"

jeezus christ.
    some people. if you want payment in 7 days, have your auction end on a sunday or something. what a motherfucker.

wow the guy is a dick and he's not to smart either. Everyone in the world goes on business days who does he think he is Mussolini??
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • after all the BULLSHIT,

i just thought i'd say

i DID finally GET MY SHANNON PHASER ! ! !

It's fucking BEAUTIFUL to PLAY!
    (not much for the red paint job)

but MAN does it sound clean ... NO NOISE ... period!

The phase is SOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo smooth.

I brought it over to a friends to play on some crappy Peavy solid state ... he actually asked me what it did, because through the ss amp it wasn't as audible ... he finally heard what the effect was doing ...

we came back to my place, and i plugged it through the plexi channel on my egnater ... he was like, "oh fucking wow! it sounds SOOOOOOOO much better on your amp!" ... tubes baby! tubes!

with this thing in front of my Tubescreamer straight in to the egnater, IT IS ON! ... clean i rock the fuck out of Given To Fly ... :D

Also, this is the first GREAT phaser I have had ... and it's amazing how many songs (pearl jam songs) i now realize had phase on them ...

with my old Ibanez Phase Tone i couldn't really make the connection, because there was so much background hiss that it didn't register as the same sound i was hearing on albums ...

but when i play early PJ songs with the shannon on, i'm like ... damn .... this song prolly had SOME phase on it ... that song did ...

Still waiting for Musictoyz to ship my SYT (fingers crossed. Thanks Jason!) and my BBOD ! ! !

Next purchase is going to be a GUYTRONIX Gilmore Jr. (amp, or kit, not decided) ... the whole Fabamp thing fell through, after i read some scathing TGP reviews. Yikes! I don't want to die!

... Rich from guytronix seems real swell, as well.

That's all for now.

guytronix wouldn't be (Guytron) would it?

Glad you love that shannon. Smooth isn't it. Well worth the hullabaloo
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    guytronix wouldn't be (Guytron) would it?

oh no, no, no no no.
    nicky needs a LOW WATT AMP!

i already have 2 badboys i can't crank, and that makes me SO SAD.
    :(

http://www.guytronix.com/pages/4/index.htm

I guess guytronix is kind've misleading for me to have said, because Richard actualy appears to be some sort of distributor\tech support guy for Gerhart amps ... all the amp products on guytronix.com are really gearhart amps ...
    http://www.gerhartamps.com/products.htm

in any event, through the guytronix.com website, at least, the Gilmore Jr. 1/2 amp is on sale for $650 instead of $850

i don't know.
    i'm actually a bit disappointed ...
    because while i do want versatility in my amp ... meaning i don't want a Peavy XXX or something with uber-distortion ... i would like to be able to achieve that super-lead-esque marshall squeal ...

and i know that even though these little babies do break up pretty early ... in all likelyhood (and by listening to the mp3s) i think i can safely say they will never SQUEAL or SHRED ...

... i've never found a pedal that gives that controlled feedback or squeal either ...

i need some cleaner shimmery tones for the stuff my friend records (he has indoctrinated me as his "producer"\"recording engineer") ...
    but I PERSONALY, would like to achieve that early\mid '70s Neil Young, earlier Pearl Jam, Jane's Addiction, Cream sound ... whatever you want to call it ... i can't get it ... i don't think i've ever even gotten it through my LPC on the Egnater set to 100watts straight and cranked ... i still just get that super high whiney early Plexi sound that sounds like glass breaking ... but it's not that squeal!

... am i SOL unless i want to make the neighbors ears bleed with 100watts of death? WHAT is it that makes this noise? an amp with a pregain stage?
    oh no, no, no no no.
    nicky needs a LOW WATT AMP!

i already have 2 badboys i can't crank, and that makes me SO SAD.
    :(

http://www.guytronix.com/pages/4/index.htm

I guess guytronix is kind've misleading for me to have said, because Richard actualy appears to be some sort of distributor\tech support guy for Gerhart amps ... all the amp products on guytronix.com are really gearhart amps ...
    http://www.gerhartamps.com/products.htm

in any event, through the guytronix.com website, at least, the Gilmore Jr. 1/2 amp is on sale for $650 instead of $850

i don't know.
    i'm actually a bit disappointed ...
    because while i do want versatility in my amp ... meaning i don't want a Peavy XXX or something with uber-distortion ... i would like to be able to achieve that super-lead-esque marshall squeal ...

and i know that even though these little babies do break up pretty early ... in all likelyhood (and by listening to the mp3s) i think i can safely say they will never SQUEAL or SHRED ...

... i've never found a pedal that gives that controlled feedback or squeal either ...

i need some cleaner shimmery tones for the stuff my friend records (he has indoctrinated me as his "producer"\"recording engineer") ...
    but I PERSONALY, would like to achieve that early\mid '70s Neil Young, earlier Pearl Jam, Jane's Addiction, Cream sound ... whatever you want to call it ... i can't get it ... i don't think i've ever even gotten it through my LPC on the Egnater set to 100watts straight and cranked ... i still just get that super high whiney early Plexi sound that sounds like glass breaking ... but it's not that squeal!

... am i SOL unless i want to make the neighbors ears bleed with 100watts of death? WHAT is it that makes this noise? an amp with a pregain stage?

you should check out http://www.stephensonamps.com and Carr and one of Bobs favorites Martone.

Also you might look into the battery love pedal amps.

Stephenson makes a pedal called the stage hog that can be used as an amp and it's got power scaling.

Oh and another amp with power scaling is built by Reeves (Hiwatt USA) http://www.reevesamps.com

http://www.reevesamps.com/amp_custom_18.htm check the custom 18 out it's freaking awesome.

Also, another forum member is having a Peters amp built currently. He can build what you want too.

Essentially you can have a power scale kit http://www.londonpower.com added to most amps and it's worth reading up on.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    you should check out http://www.stephensonamps.com and Carr and one of Bobs favorites Martone.

Also you might look into the battery love pedal amps.

Stephenson makes a pedal called the stage hog that can be used as an amp and it's got power scaling.

Oh and another amp with power scaling is built by Reeves (Hiwatt USA) http://www.reevesamps.com

http://www.reevesamps.com/amp_custom_18.htm check the custom 18 out it's freaking awesome.

Also, another forum member is having a Peters amp built currently. He can build what you want too.

Essentially you can have a power scale kit http://www.londonpower.com added to most amps and it's worth reading up on.

goddamn!
    http://www.londonpower.com/studio.htm
    THAT is what i NEED ! ! !
    but at 2.6k ! mother of god! it will be a while,
    but it could be the answer to all my prayers.

I have looked at the stage hog before, but i guess i just never thought it would give me more than that "standard" overdriven sound ... i want real squeal ... it DOES meet the portability and price concerns i have though ... that's for sure ... maybe it's a good idea in the interim ...

the reeves looks pretty sweet, for sure.
    but at 1.25k and at it's size ... i'm kinda turned off ... given i'm
    a. half way to tha London Power Studio at that point :D
    b. still needing to lug a cabinet back and forth
    c. not really meeting my current need of a "more portable" solution.

the little tiny amps are just that ... very tiny ...
    i could leave a 1x12 at my friends house, just grab my lil' .5watt amp and roll over there .... not trying to drag a full sized head out everytime ...

maybe i get the stage hog, for now ...

still so confused.
    thanks Pac, you and JoZ are the greatest at answering musical q's.

i wanna rock ... (ROCK!)
    goddamn!

I have looked at the stage hog before, but i guess i just never thought it would give me more than that "standard" overdriven sound ... i want real squeal ... it DOES meet the portability and price concerns i have though ... that's for sure ... maybe it's a good idea in the interim ...

i could leave a 1x12 at my friends house, just grab my lil' .5watt amp and roll over there .... not trying to drag a full sized head out everytime ...

still so confused.

i wanna rock ... (ROCK!)

The reeves has LP's power scaling, essentially you can scale the 18 watts back to less than 1 if you want.
    goddamn!

still so confused.

i wanna rock ... (ROCK!)

The reeves has LP's power scaling, essentially you can scale the 18 watts back to less than 1 if you want.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/fender/strat/10s/65/r28373/r28373.html

yeah, I dream out of my price range too.

Oh and if you want to go smaller you could go with a 1x12 cabinet or maybe check out http://www.drzamps.com (Carmen Ghia 2x10 combo) or for a ballsy marshall sound KT45 and just have someone (even DRZ even potentially add in the PSK for you. Probably getting pricey though.

Do look into Martone.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

but i want that London Power Studio Amp.

;)

god does that thing look so badass to me.
    when i look at all the switches, see all the modes, and settings, i get this little stiffy ... and even some precum.

sorry for the graphics, but i swear to god.
    geez.
    but i want that London Power Studio Amp.

;)

god does that thing look so badass to me.
    when i look at all the switches, see all the modes, and settings, i get this little stiffy ... and even some precum.

sorry for the graphics, but i swear to god.
    geez.

yeah, sigh, the London Power stuff is the SHITE. Look at all the crap you can do with it!!