Nady Pop Filter
$12.99

PreSonus HP4 Discrete 4-Channel Headphone Amp
$99.95

(2) On-Stage Stands MS7510 Mic Pro Pak
$39.98

TASCAM FW-1082 FireWire Computer Audio Interface & Control Surface
Includes FREE Gift Items!
• MXLV63M Condenser Studio Microphone $249.99 List Price!
• Amplitube Live $129.00 List Price!
• 992 Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic $299.99 List Price!

Sub Total: $1,193.86 USD

i dunno. either i felt like "clogging up" this forum today with multiple posts, or i just felt like patting myself on the back ... & maybe elicit some last minute advice in the process ...

the above list is everything i've concluded that i need to get this noise maker up and running .... no speakers right now ... just the above mentioned pair of AKG Headphones (and then the Sony MDR 7506 pair that I own) ...

Only thing not included is high quality cabling for the Mics ... Amazon has Mogami Gold Neglex Quad Mic Cable for Studio Neutrik XLR, 15 Foot for $19.99 versus Musicians Friend for $32 ... so I will wait and order from aamzon ... in the meantime that stage mic stand bundle comes with cabling ... and i ordered two stands ... along with two crappy mics included for possibly miking the room from above (when i get the mogami as well)

i dunno.
i could've missed something,
but i swear i think i will be pretty well off with this.

only other things one would theoreticaly need to get off the ground would be the "console" to record too ... in this case ... my new laptop ... and most likely another large storage drive ... i gotta order a 300gig soon.

I think that should do me for a while though.
The Tascam comes with Cubase LE, btw.
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm going to do something up like that in the summer once I start making serious $$$ again.

:)

Looks really cool, can't wait to hear some clips.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Lava Cables :)
    Much cheaper, and a much better product.
    As for everything else, check thegearpage.net before you buy.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    pfft, i dont even have that much, i think im just gonna work my ass off on preforming live
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • JofZ wrote:
    Lava Cables :)
    Much cheaper, and a much better product.
    As for everything else, check thegearpage.net before you buy.

hmm.
    For the Mic cable?
    I can certainly check that out. God knows the mogami is expensive as all get out ... i have zero experience with mic cable in general, so who the F am i to say ...

but for the guitar cable, i've always heard REALLY good things about spectraflex ... and they seem to be within pennies of eachother on price ... i'll check out the lava cable though. both have lifetime warranties.

Thanks JoZ
    :D

Sorry you're broke, sj_2150.
    If i could gig I would ... but the modest amount of "talent" i do have disappears quicker than dick on ice when i'm asked to "perform". i feel safe in doors, but put me on a stage and i cry home to mommy.
  • hmm.
    For the Mic cable?
    I can certainly check that out. God knows the mogami is expensive as all get out ... i have zero experience with mic cable in general, so who the F am i to say ...

but for the guitar cable, i've always heard REALLY good things about spectraflex ... and they seem to be within pennies of eachother on price ... i'll check out the lava cable though. both have lifetime warranties.

Thanks JoZ
    :D

Sorry you're broke, sj_2150.
    If i could gig I would ... but the modest amount of "talent" i do have disappears quicker than dick on ice when i'm asked to "perform". i feel safe in doors, but put me on a stage and i cry home to mommy.

Haha, I'm the opposite. Put me in front of a microphone and say record, and I go home crying because I stink. Put me in front of a crowd, and I rock out. A real shame when I'm not gigging much at the moment.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    .... no speakers right now ... just the above mentioned pair of AKG Headphones (and then the Sony MDR 7506 pair that I own) ...

Number one response when a mix is sent in that sounds like crap....

"it sounded great on headphones"

Buy some monitor speakers or else you'll really have no idea what it sounds like.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Number one response when a mix is sent in that sounds like crap....

"it sounded great on headphones"

Buy some monitor speakers or else you'll really have no idea what it sounds like.

hey man,
    i hear you ...
    but in the short run ...
    don't you think i may be better with really great headphones that have "flat response" and are built to exacting international standard specifications to simulate good nearfields, than to spend $300 on a crappy pair of speakers that over emphasis bass, treble, or BOTH ? ? ?

i dunno ... i want a pair of Dynaudio near fields as much as the next guy ... but i don't have $1,000 right now (and i ain't getting a good pair of Dyns for that "cheap" either)
    hey man,
    i hear you ...
    but in the short run ...
    don't you think i may be better with really great headphones that have "flat response" and are built to exacting international standard specifications to simulate good nearfields, than to spend $300 on a crappy pair of speakers that over emphasis bass, treble, or BOTH ? ? ?

i dunno ... i want a pair of Dynaudio near fields as much as the next guy ... but i don't have $1,000 right now (and i ain't getting a good pair of Dyns for that "cheap" either)

headphones can be just as flaky as speakers. Monitors are pretty much the best way to go/ only way to go professionally. I'd think it would just be better to keep on saving till you hit $1000 bucks on monitors rather then spend 300 bucks on head phones and then another 1000 on monitors.
  • headphones can be just as flaky as speakers. Monitors are pretty much the best way to go/ only way to go professionally. I'd think it would just be better to keep on saving till you hit $1000 bucks on monitors rather then spend 300 bucks on head phones and then another 1000 on monitors.

but then what do i listen to my mixes on in the mean time?
    my pants?

:(
    but then what do i listen to my mixes on in the mean time?
    my pants?

:(

well you can keep on recording and editing with speakers/cheap headphones....Just stay away from the mixing/mastering till you get something better.