about chords on guitar

HundHund Posts: 9
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Which is your favorite?

I know some of them, but I won't play the B chord cause it's too complicated. I like the drums better, there's much more sound in them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My current favorite chord is Am7:

e--3--
    B--1--
    G--0--
    D--2--
    A--0--
    E--X--

It works really well with an adapted C5:

e--3--
    B--1--
    G--0--
    D--2--
    A--3--
    E--X--
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    E7 has a nice ring to it, and it's easy to play.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • the basics - G, C, D and E something (000220). I'm working on F and it's coming along nicely.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Do you mean 022000? That's Em.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    My current favorite chord is Am7:

It works really well with an adapted C5:

e--3--
    B--1--
    G--0--
    D--2--
    A--3--
    E--X--

That's not and adapted C5 that's a Cmaj with a 5th added on? Where as C5 would just have the root, the 5th and the octave...that has root, 3rd, 5th, Octave and another 5th?
  • Tav wrote:
    That's not and adapted C5 that's a Cmaj with a 5th added on? Where as C5 would just have the root, the 5th and the octave...that has root, 3rd, 5th, Octave and another 5th?

Technically, a C5 is just a C with the 5th (G) accented. Typically, any 5th chord is a power chord (root and 5th) but not necessarily just the 1st and 5th. Any major chord has the root (1st) and the 3rd and 5th, so it could properly be called a C-major and be left at that, but the chord form I listed wasn't the typical open-C-major, so...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Technically, a C5 is just a C with the 5th (G) accented. Typically, any 5th chord is a power chord (root and 5th) but not necessarily just the 1st and 5th. Any major chord has the root (1st) and the 3rd and 5th, so it could properly be called a C-major and be left at that, but the chord form I listed wasn't the typical open-C-major, so...

So what shall we call it...Cmaj + a little bit. To go with it's technical term. I tried looking it up to no avail. It is a nice sounding chord. Particularly if you finger pick individual notes rather than strum.

Currently my favourite chord is C with a G base. It's in a few Neil Young songs and is a dirty bitch of a chord with some distortion.