Options

Even Flow tab

Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can someone give me hand. I just can't get EVen Flow. I'm still largely learning, but I can play most/all of ten riffs except for this. I just can't get it and I can't find a tab that seems quite right. Anyone know any?
‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MONKEYNUTS HAD DE SAme proBlem wen HE WAS TRYIn to learn dis song. de taBS OuT DIR FOR Ef R FUKiN AWFUl. HE EVEn finKS HE TRIED Given 2 wail AND DAT WAS RONG AGAIn. HE MAy giv G2W ANoTHER LuK DOh
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    That rhythm takes some serious getting-used-to... looks easy on paper, but not quite that simple in real life.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    could u hook me up with some notes? I cant even nail them. The tabs I have say the riff ends with an e, but Im sure its d from ear and I cant figure out the middle... Im just totally lost and been trying on and off for months
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    Where did you get your tab?
  • Options
    there are like 3 on Taborama, thats mainly where I've been... I dont which of the 3 is right cos they dont look right to me, or sound right...

Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    For all your Pearl Jam tabulature needs:

http://www.giventowail.com

Those guys have this shit worked out better than anyone, and they constantly update, so if there are corrections needed, they've made them already.
  • Options
    shit eh? I didnt even know that existed. Thanx mate, thats cool, appreciate it

Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gus_3218
    shit eh? I didnt even know that existed. Thanx mate, thats cool, appreciate it

It's the single coolest web resource for a PJ-inspired musician...

Props (as always) to Rick!
  • Options
    MONKEYNUTS FINks de ef oN g2w maY b rong doH

ALDOh NO DISRESPECt TO G2W. ITS A TOp siTE FOR Pj taB
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    Can you say what you think is wrong other than just say it is?
  • Options
    I think the tab right. Either way, you can just improvise around the pattern.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    See, Monkeynuts, you made the PJ Tab God angry...

Now we all will suffer his wrath!
  • Options
    I've tried playing it a little, and it doesn't sound quite right to me. Does it sound right with only one guitar? I sure I don't have the rhythm down, so that could be it as well.

*Bows to PJ Tab God*
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gus_3218
    Can someone give me hand. I just can't get EVen Flow. I'm still largely learning, but I can play most/all of ten riffs except for this. I just can't get it and I can't find a tab that seems quite right. Anyone know any?
    PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST!!!!!!!!

just wanted to grab your attention, because on mxtabs.net there is an excellent even flow tab.

if you just want a start though, main riff a-formation on 5 then 7 fret.

chorus starts up at 11th fret 4th strgin (i think) then 12 on 5, then i think 9 on 5. - doing this by memory.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    that tabs is kinda sorts right, the one on mxtabs is much better.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    those tabs on mxtabs are awful. and the site is loaded with annoying popups.

and, they seem to ignore the fact that the song is played in Open D.

trust me when i say the tab on GTW is as good as it gets because Evan is one of the best tabbers i've ever met.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rickp
    those tabs on mxtabs are awful. and the site is loaded with annoying popups.

and, they seem to ignore the fact that the song is played in Open D.
    this tab is good tho

"Make our day"
  • Options
    what makes it so good?
  • Options
    its accurate duh

"Make our day"
  • Options
    so you're saying that this:

http://mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,p,946,Pearl+Jam,Even+Flow,114793

is more accurate than this:

http://www.giventowail.com/107/tabs/pj/ten/even.txt

?

sorry, i'm not just saying it because it's my site or anything, but i don't think so.
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    so you're saying that this:

http://mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,p,946,Pearl+Jam,Even+Flow,114793

is more accurate than this:

http://www.giventowail.com/107/tabs/pj/ten/even.txt

?

sorry, i'm not just saying it because it's my site or anything, but i don't think so.

GTW is a great source, but there are many errors in their tabs. Don't they rely on submissions like everyone else?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    the corrections we get are looked at. a lot of times people submit corrections or suggestions that are not even close and other times people send in stuff that we've overlooked.

whatever errors that are on the site we check for so if you notice anything, it'd be nice for people to tell us about it rather than go places and say it's all wrong.

for as many songs as we can, we look to using videos to help tab to make sure it's as correct as can be. that's why there's been so many updates to Can't Keep and Soon Forget for example.
  • Options
    I love ya, Rick...

Ya know, in a platonic, guitar-tabber, guitar-tabbee sorta way...
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    the corrections we get are looked at. a lot of times people submit corrections or suggestions that are not even close and other times people send in stuff that we've overlooked.

whatever errors that are on the site we check for so if you notice anything, it'd be nice for people to tell us about it rather than go places and say it's all wrong.

for as many songs as we can, we look to using videos to help tab to make sure it's as correct as can be. that's why there's been so many updates to Can't Keep and Soon Forget for example.

I am sorry if you took my comments as being a slam against GTW. You guys have one of the best sites period. writing Tab is an art IMO, and almost always the poorer tabs are written by poeple with limited music theory knowledge.
    If you want I would be more then happy to send you some of my PJ tabs. All i have to do is transcibe them from paper.
    I have also noticed that you guys post mutiple tab pages for the same song by different authors. It might be worth a look to combining some of them.
    Keep up the good work!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    oh no I didnt mean to make it sound like I took it as a slam =)

We're always interested in seeing other tabs and sometimes even encorporating them into existing ones. I'll be the first to say there's stuff on there that needs fixing but the process is slow most of the time and the motivation usually gets drained after a certain number of hours tabbing ;) Also, having something you spent a day off working on pop up on another site in a flash is sort of ..uncomforting.

But yeah, if you have tabs you'd like to submit or corrections or anything, we're always open. I personally am awful at responding to emails tho =)

As for the multiple pages with different authors, could you point that out? That might be something overlooked and I wouldn't want different tabs of the same song confusing people (unless there's a significant change/alteration as in Sleight of Hand).

Thanks for the input guys =)
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    that mxtab is the worst trasnritpion of any song ive ever seen...especially for even flow...not even close...

I SUPPOSE, if you were ONE guitarist...you could do it that way to TRY and cover both guitar parts at once...
    but ya, that would sound like shit...

its more than obvious watching stone and mike that, that tab is completely off and wrong..completely...

but not everyone drools over every pj video either...

just trust GTW....

and with even flow, im sure stone would be like "what the fuck?" "is that what im doing" if he saw the tab for even flow..

there is so much more that goes into playing that riff then playing hte right notes...the tone, the attitude, the sexiness..the timing, the everything...
  • Options
    For me when I first started playing guitar I tended to lean towards some tabs online that were really easy to play ofcoarse most of them ended up being horribly wrong once you really start to listen to what Mike or Stone are playing.
    On the Album Ten and some following albums all you have to do is set the balance all the way to the left to hear Mike and all the way to the right for Stone. I also turn the bass all the way down to hide Jeff a bit and make it easier to hear the guitars.
    You will hear to different guitar parts.
    Ofcoarse not everyone wants to go for this kind of accuracy but it seems alot of the people questioning some tabs here do.
    You cant really appreciate how acurrate the given to fly tabs are until you realy listen to the parts as played on the albums, and yes it might be harder than you thought!
    Evenflow was the toughest song I learned on Ten.