Problem, Im a little worried

Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK, well I have an Epiphone SG 400, or 440, something like that. Good little guitar, I love it, great for me. One problem though....

There is a hairline crack on the bottom of the neck comiong from the hedstock. REALLY thin, hardly visible and maybe only a centimetre long. I occasionally get the G tuning itself down a step, but only very occasionally. However, I dont know if that is just the strings, cos I restung only a couple of weeks ago and thats when this problem really started, or if its the neck. I know it xcan be fixed, I just dont wanna go through the haslle. If it needs to be, I dont care so much about the value of the guitar cos I dont plan on selling it, but shit, Im still worried. Before the restringing, when I think the thing was still there, I got occasional semitone slip on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings, now its mainly a larger drop on the 3rd....... Sorry rambling, but wanna be specific to see what u think..... Again the crack is small but still.....

Can anyone tyell me what they think? Worth checking it out?
‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher