Anyone agree that Jerry Cantrell...

Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is a fucking insane guitarist?

Like, obviously, hes damn good, but his solos are just so incredibly unique, the sound he gets out of that guitar and the way he has that tandem overlay thjing, when a guitatr track will cut over the top and solo just as another solo winds down, in particular, Man in the Box and Them Bones.....

I just think, hes such a phenomenal player but doesnt seem to get much credit that often.

Any thoughts?
‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I haven't picked up any of his solo stuff yet, but I really liked his work in AiC. I might borrow the new Ozzy CD from a friend when it comes out to hear how he sounds on that.
    kthxbai
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    jerry rocks.
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    agreed. the solo from them bones rips, that'd have to be one of my favourite guitar solos, and the guy is just a very good guitarist all round
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • one of my favorite guitarist. he might be the guitarist i inspire to be. he really doesnt get the credit he deserves.
  • cantrell fucking rules. he never gets an ounce of credit that he deserves. he's an awesome guitar player.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    He is fucking amazing...Check out his Nutshell soloing...Pure magic
    "You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
  • One of the best, and one of my biggest inspirations. Lotta love for Jerry.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Originally posted by mogwai
    He is fucking amazing...Check out his Nutshell soloing...Pure magic

yeh, that solo is why Nutshell is better than Down in a hole...
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher