Need a good chorus pedal

Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I want some chorus in my FX loop but I have NFI about it to be honest cos theres so much out there. I got a mate who as some EH thing whichc is cool, but I've heard good things out of a few Boss pedals and then theres the question, do I get a Dunlop Univibe (which sounds like it would sound amazing but I've never heard one)?

I know it can come down to what sound u want but what are peoples opinions and is there anything worth looking into I havent mentioned. Like I said, I have NFI about them, so any thoughts would be sweet

Cheers guys

Gus
‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by Gus_3218
    I want some chorus in my FX loop but I have NFI about it to be honest cos theres so much out there. I got a mate who as some EH thing whichc is cool, but I've heard good things out of a few Boss pedals and then theres the question, do I get a Dunlop Univibe (which sounds like it would sound amazing but I've never heard one)?

I know it can come down to what sound u want but what are peoples opinions and is there anything worth looking into I havent mentioned. Like I said, I have NFI about them, so any thoughts would be sweet

Cheers guys

Gus
    I have a EH Small Clone for sale.
    If you want off the shelf stuff you can't go wrong with th EH box. If you want boutique, check out the Analogman Clone.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i like the old boss CE-2 (the CE-3, CE-5 and CH-1 are terrible to my ears) and the danelectro cool cat.

both are no longer made but can be picked up cheap.
  • yeh, Smal Clone is what my mate has...

does anyone recommend the univibe? I was thinking about the CH-1 so cheers for that exhausted, though I'll go check it out, Ive heard lots of similiar things....
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
    Originally posted by Gus_3218
    yeh, Smal Clone is what my mate has...

does anyone recommend the univibe? I was thinking about the CH-1 so cheers for that exhausted, though I'll go check it out, Ive heard lots of similiar things....

The Univibe being sold by Dunlop is pretty shitty. Its a lame copy of what was once sold under the same name. If you have the money you want the mojo vibe. There are tons of uni clons out there and many sound fantastic. You can't go wrong with fulltone, BJF mini vibe, or the mojo. I bought the mojo it is hands down the best sounding Uni on the market. Analogman sells them on behalf of sweetwater.

If you want my small clone give me a shout.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by JofZ
    The Univibe being sold by Dunlop is pretty shitty. Its a lame copy of what was once sold under the same name. If you have the money you want the mojo vibe. There are tons of uni clons out there and many sound fantastic. You can't go wrong with fulltone, BJF mini vibe, or the mojo. I bought the mojo it is hands down the best sounding Uni on the market. Analogman sells them on behalf of sweetwater.

If you want my small clone give me a shout.

applied knowledge....a beautiful thing.

so you did get the mojo in then good. are you running it with an expression pedal?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    applied knowledge....a beautiful thing.

so you did get the mojo in then good. are you running it with an expression pedal?

What is the quote? Intelligent people borrow and a genius steals :)

The knob is big enough that I really don't need a pedal. The mojo is unreal. It sounds so lush, warm and vintage you would think its the real deal. It nails everything from Hendrix to CCR and everything in between. I just re-wired my board with george l's and I'll throw some pics up for you. I owe you a big huge thank you.
    Now I am on to distortion and delay. I might pick up a couple BJ pedals, he has yet to make a bad one. I am thinking the honeybee, Babyblue, dynared, and mint green with the tube screamer in front of it.
    After that is done I will work on the wah, it is just eating my tone, like all of them do. I have it so its tolerable, but those crybabies are just not the best in stock form. I'll either mod it or sell it for the teese wizard.
    I have a couple tracks I have been working on as well. if I ever get off my ass and record them I'll post them.
    God this is the most addicting thing in the world. I just can't get enough :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?