Peavey Amps

zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
What's the good word on Peavey amps? I have someone who wants to trade his Peavey Classic 50 amp for my Line 6 DuoVerb amp.

I've never used Peavey before - are they a good brand?
"As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The entire classic tube series of Peavey are descent. Never heard any major issues with them. Used to play with a guy that used a classic 50 too. Nice piece. I'd reccomend them for sure.

And the new Windsor stuff is looking interesting.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Classic 50's are decent amps - They run EL84 tubes - it's good sounding amp.
    I have a Classic-50 amongst my arsenal of amps - works fine for PJ type tunes.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Peavey's seem to be more reliable than a Line 6. that's my opinion
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That's a fair trade if the Classic 50 is in good shape.

It will likely retain more value long term than the duoverb.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • zircona1 wrote:
    What's the good word on Peavey amps? I have someone who wants to trade his Peavey Classic 50 amp for my Line 6 DuoVerb amp.

I've never used Peavey before - are they a good brand?

I'd do it...I've got a Peavey Classic 4/10 Half Stack and I love it to death...I've never really even had an urge to replace it.

this is sort of a shameless plug but you can hear it here:

http://www.myspace.com/offshoreradioband

I used a new american standard tele

Hellenic has crunch (just me on guitar) I used a tubescreamer on it...

Closing Days has two guitars, I play the rythmn part clean except for the end

you can listen to the other 2 just for fun if you want...
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • ezyrydrezyrydr Posts: 55
    They do sound nice and I believe Peavey is made in America so that's a plus. I wouldn't get anything other than that "classic" series though.

I saw a great rockabilly band in Nashville once and as I was walking out of the bar, past the stage, I stopped to see what amp this guy was playing through because his tone sounded incredible. I was quite surprised when I saw a Peavy Classic 30 sittin there.