Drum Machines

zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm thinking about getting one, I want to use one when I make a CD. Anyone know any good brands at good prices?
"As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    do you want a standalone, a software package, or something internal to a recording device?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Maybe a standalone or some kind of software program. I am going to be buying a computer soon, are there some good software programs?
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
    Originally posted by zircona1
    Maybe a standalone or some kind of software program. I am going to be buying a computer soon, are there some good software programs?

tons. Go look on musiciansfriend.com or zzounds.com for drum machines/loops/etc software.

I have 2 drum machines. One is internal to my digital multi-track recorder, and the other is a cheap (but very handy) one I have that I just plug into an amp when I am jamming.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Thanks for the suggestions. The Alesis SR-16 looks like a good one for a good price. I just need something to use when I play live, also for percussion when I record stuff.

Originally posted by zircona1
    Thanks for the suggestions. The Alesis SR-16 looks like a good one for a good price. I just need something to use when I play live, also for percussion when I record stuff.

I almost got the SR-16, but considering I only needed a stand alone for jamming (like I said, my recorder has a great one built in), I opted for a cheaper Zoom:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMMRT3

It's great for what I need it to do.
  • I have an Alesis SR-16 in my home studio. It sounds okay for a drum-machine from the early-90's but, if you're into more organic sounds, there are better machines out there now.

I recently tried out a Zoom RT-323 that was quite impressive. I did not get the chance to experiment with the programming aspect but the sound quality was several steps above the SR-16.
    www.PintoMusic.com
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯