Options

Pearl Jam Cover Band - Chicago

EvenFlowGirl78EvenFlowGirl78 Posts: 12
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know if there is more than 1 Pearl Jam cover band based in the Chicago 'burbs?

I've only seen EvenFlow before, and they rawk. But last night I was at a bar where my boyfriends band plays, and this band played Pearl Jam songs. Oh my gawd, horrible. Well I shouldn't be that mean, most of the music was okay. But the singer was no where near Eddie, not even close. It was sad.

But at least they play good songs! Just rather poorly.

cya
"I let go of a rope thinking thats what held me back"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I just saw a post about a new Chicago based Pearl Jam cover band so I guess the band I was bashing has members on this board. Sorry, I didn't even think of that.
  • Options
    yeah, we're playing at 602 North in Glendale Heights...its just an open mic but your more than welcome to go.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
  • Options
    now that i think about it...it probally was us that you saw and your right i was awful, i couldnt sing for shit that night....but im also not tring to "sound" like eddie...theres only one eddie and i find when people try to hard to immitate him it ends up sounding like scott stapp....just my opinion.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    no, i didnt mean it towards them (they've been around a while and are much better than us!)...but just in general.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    tree789tree789 Posts: 23
    yeah, it probably was us...lets see what you are referring to is the intro to i am mine not going that well, the guitarists string breaking halfway through the song and going out of tune, the bass player changing at the wrong times, the singer occasionally going a little off key, the other guitarists amp going out, the drummer missing a beat once in a while....if you were at 602 last week then that is what you saw!!!!!!!!! sorry to disapoint you.
    that was our first time ever playing on stage together and the first time ever on stage for some of the members..for a first time it wasnt that bad though..or maybe it was..but whatever, I / we had a great time, it was so much fun playing the songs of the band that i love the most...
    anyway we are learning and having fun...thats all that matters at this point, and this week we are going to try again and hopefully it is a little bit better, and if we play next week, hopefully it is a little bit better ect....
    everyone is allowed to share their opinions about us, the only thing that i ask is if you ever see us again and think we did good, please share your opinion..and if we suck again, share it too.

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
    ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    amen brother!
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    I am sorry, I guess I was just expecting a Pearl Jam cover band to sound closer to Pearl Jam. To me it was just like a normal cover band that does songs from Q101.

But like you said it was your first show, so hopefully things go a little better.
  • Options
    you mean the pearl jam "radio songs"....yeah, i didnt really notice we did that until we we're done...oh well, this week we're doing different songs anyway.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    No no no, sorry again. I didn't mean it was your song choice, not at all. The songs were fine. I just meant you guys sound nothing like my feelings of what a Pearl Jam cover band would sound like. I meant to say you cover Pearl Jam as if you're just like a typical cover band that plays songs from all sorts of bands, not that its a totally bad thing.

Song choice = good! But to me a Pearl Jam cover band should just sound somewhat like Pearl Jam, a little anyways.
  • Options
    i understand what you are saying and thank you for not being one of those fucks that say negative things about bands and not being afraid to back up what you say...we dont want to immitate the band or dress like them..and you hit the nail on the head, we are covering the songs the way we hear them...i guess the way we hear the music is different from you...anyway, thank you for the constructive critisism....are you going to be at 602 this thursday...if yes would you be kind enough to rate us and say what (if any) difference there was from the previous week...
    lets use a scale of 1-10...and we will call last weeks perfromance a performance a 2 overall (we get one point for having the guts to get up there and 1 point because we like pj)....if you are there can you do that????

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
    ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    thats how we feel..we just want to have some fun and play some live music...thats all, whatever happens happens!

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    we are considering footsteps, satins bed, dte, corduroy..and a few more..dont know the the verdict will be..we only get 4 or 5 songs for open mic...we have about 10 to 12 that are ready to go...

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    u forgot i believe in miracles!.(i guess thats not really pj though.lol)...anyways, yeah i think as time goes on and as i (hopefully) become a better singer we'll sound more and more like them....right now its just one step at a time! :)...we're all huge pj fans so no matter how bad we sound its still fun.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    ".we dont want to immitate the band or dress like them..and you hit the nail on the head, we are covering the songs the way we hear them...i guess the way we hear the music is different from you...anyway, thank you for the constructive critisism...."

I agree, don't immitate the band by dressing or acting like them!

My complaint really wasn't against he music, cause I think the music did sound pretty "on" as far as being close to Pearl Jam, minus the messups. It was really just the vocal difference that threw me for a loop.

I'm not sure if I'll be there on Thursday or not, but I know plenty of people that go there for the Open Mics so I should be able to get some kind of opinion for you guys.
  • Options
    i guess the pressure is on the singer then!!!

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    thanks!!..lol. well, i dont think i'll ever sound just like eddie...like i said there's only one ed...but i'll do my best to sound good and hopefully get the job done.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net