Good strings for acoustic?

Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've always played the same ones as far as i can remember, light or extra-light martins.

Am I missing some great kinda strings out there I don't even know about?

suggestions?
"ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Martin SP Bronze Light Guage. very good strings. very full sounding

i use them on my wide body Gibson.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    yeah cool thanks, deft worth looking into, I played an old yamaha 310 or something it's 10 years old and still got a good sound!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Three replies and only one mentioning elixirs. The Holy Grail's power begins to weaken...;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Originally posted by pariah
    Three replies and only one mentioning elixirs. The Holy Grail's power begins to weaken...;)

NEVER!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Here's another question, slightly related, if that's OK. I've a Jumbo-sized Sigma twelve-string acoustic, in good condition, well maintained, with a single trussrod. I've had it since 1990. I'm curious: What strings would people recommend for it, considering the fact that the guitar is tuned to DADGAD most of the time?
  • elixirs if you're not into changing your strings that often...and i'm not the first to recommend the martin sp's, amazing sound. i have the lights currently on my takamine (that's stays in d most of the time.)
  • Thanks.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm using elixirs now.

mediums on my 6-string and lights on my 12.

i used to use d'addarios but after i bought a taylor with elixirs on it, i switched b/c i liked them more. i used to mow through acoustic strings way too fast.
  • elixir mediums - hands down - they make your guitar sound like it has a chorus pedal built in...plus they last soooooo much longer than any other type of string....and i have tried them all...