i cant sing and play guitar @ the same time!!!

Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
anybody got any tips?

real slow songs almost end up allrite, but it's just weird i dunno...
"ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If you want it, it will come...

Seriously, takes a while, till the chords and rythm are like a natural flow to you. It will come...
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, all I can tell you is to take your time at it as well. I used to suck at it, but now I am a lead vocalist who plays rhythm/ lead guitar. I guess one suggestion I can give is to get the guitar palyig down to where you can play it in your sleep, then you can concentrate soley on the vocals. What happens is your mind is trying to do 2 things at once and it gets confused...learn one at a time, then combine them when you are ready.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • practice makes perfect. i couldn't do it at first either but as i got better at the songs on guitar i was able to sing along with them (not that i can sing) hehe
  • Try playing Deadman while singing. Its a nice simple one to sing and play the the same time.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Elderly Woman has got to be the easiest song to sing/play with... try that one...
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • i tried playing "come as you are" and singing the lyrics tonight

lets just say i couldnt........
    Abbruzzese is fosh!!!
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    wow awesome thanks for the tips people, i actually know most of those songs on guitar, i find being a little drunk makes it easier too fro some reason hehe
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    Long Road is good practice also.
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• I have a lot of trouble with this, also. One problem that I've come across is when the song changes chords a bunch of times, but the vocals stay at the same tone and everything. It really throws me off.
  • Whipping was the first song that I could really pull off singing and playing. The 4-chord progression is really simple.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln