Kaki King

Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.kakiking.com

ok i posted this in 'other music' probably get a bigger reaction here, i think she's amazing, check out the audio/video section
"ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    She's incredible. I have a disc of hers and am dying to see her live.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • She is REALLY cool.
    I saw her play in the village once, and also opened up for David Byrne. What a lot of energy!
    Her style of playing looks like she picked up a guitar once on a desert island and figured, "What's this?" then figured out a way to play it with no outside influences!

Definitely see her live. You'll be smiling the whole time!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

If that's her... she's pretty frickin' cool.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I'm going to see her tonight!

Any Philadelphia people, she's playing at the Tin Angel in town tonight. Thursday the 17th. She's been doing a residency there and this is her last night.
    I'm going to the Salvador Dali exhibit first, then Kaki King. How about that for a "day of the offbeat type".

Come on down if you're in the area. I'll buy you a beer!

She's in Branford Connecticut on the 19th , and the knitting Factory in NYC on the 22nd.
    Be kind, man

I'm out right now, to the Salvador Dali Exhibit in Philly then to the Tin Angel.

I have a green shirt on and my hair seems to be sticking straight up today,,,, see you throngs of people there! ;)
    Be kind, man
  • I have seen her twice, both times she opened for Robert Randolph, and she was completely awesome. An incredible guitar player who originally played the drums and then switched to guitar later on. She use to play in the subway in New York City and that flow or style definitely comes out. I also managed to meet her after her set. She was really cool - down to earth.

Oh, and when you see her live she has this song that she is only playing live, as it has not been recorded. It is with this lap steel guitar and a boss digital loop station. It is the most incredible song. That song alone makes it worth seeing her live.
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • I got her latest CD yesterday at the suggestion of this thread. Pretty good stuff, right up my alley.
  • she's hot.