Options

So when did you know...

djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
That you had to play guitar? Listening to Pearl Jam especially Mike McCready, I always knew I wanted to. But when I heard the acoustic version of "Mayonaise" but the Smashing Pumpkins, I knew I had to play. Its not an especially hard song, but its just beautiful, made me know that I had to play. How bout you all?
"Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nirvana. period.
  • Options
    when Guns N' roses were in their hey-day (late 80s / early 90s), Izzy, Gilby and Slash sparked my interest.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the first time I heard, Alive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the first time i picked one up.
    "If god really made us in his image, that means god is dumb all over and a little ugly on the side" -FZ
  • Options
    The first time I heard Alive
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    billy corgan. i agree with you about that acoustic mayonaise performance, so beautiful, 'try to understand, that when i can, i will' :)
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Paul Simon, I believe... can't remember it that well, I was twelve yrs old at the time, but I think The Boxer was the song that really made me want to play. Nirvana got me into electric guitar, one year later or so. Still love Paul Simon though.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Keith Richards playing Satisfaction. The Stones on Ed Sullivan.

And, Frank Zappa, Mothers of Invention , the album "Freak Out"
    Oh, about '66 or '67 or so. ( The YEAR,,,, not my AGE!)
    Zappa was responsible for my career of quirky guitar playing.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    KwyjiboKwyjibo Posts: 662
    my friends all played guitar, so I just kinda picked it up. Eventually I got my own, and am progressively gotten better. I always wanted to play guitar, but I never knew if I would or not
    The most remarkable thing about you standing in the doorway, is that its you, and that you're standing in the doorway.

I write down good reasons to freeze to death in my spiral ring notebook. But in the long tresses of your hair--I am a babbling brook.
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    well, once i heard alive..i was like holy shit thats sweet....

and pj made me want to lay guitar but what MADE me finally pick it up

i remember sitting in my room listening to mirror ball...and i was listening to downtown and playing air guitar thinking...woa this is such a cool heavy bluesy riff...aand felt sexy i was like...ya ok im picking upa guitar..and i did, and the rest is...uh...well....ha.

love it