Options

Epiphone Les Paul?

djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
its on sale for 99 at guitar center. any good? I have alot of money lying around from christmas
"Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a drummer, not a guitarist.....but the guitarist I play with has an epiphone Les Paul and it is the Mutt's Nuts. It's particularly good if you're looking for a heavy, dirty sound.
  • Options
    you say plenty of money, how much?
    epiphones are ok, i have one myself, and @ $99 it sounds like a steal, but it would be worth trying out some other guitars and seeing which ones you like, or you could play the stock market and raise enough funds to buy a real gibson ;)

cheers
    Gherk
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    which epi les paul? there are so many and some are great and some are heinous. but for $99, it might be worth buying and then gradually upgrading components over time.
  • Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    ha, not enough for a "real" les paul :) I have to get some new strings, so maybe Ill try one out. Thanks for the help guys
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    Epiphone makes many different types of Les Pauls that can cost anything from $99 to $999.

Their basic Les Paul type of guitar is great as a "student model" - meaning that it would be a guitar that I would get for someone who is just learning guitar. It might even be a great guitar for recording.

On the other hand, if you were planning to gig with it, you might want to look into something more robust.
    www.PintoMusic.com
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯