Options

What pedal do you hate the most

goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Which pedal did you buy thinking you'd love it, but ended up hating the damn thing??? For me the Boss Acoustic Sim. I tried it out & thought it would be nice & practical, ended up hating the damn thing. Payed $20 for it in a pawn shop & sold it for $60 on ebay, thank god.
You men eat your dinner
Eat your pork and beans
I eat more chicken
Than any man ever seen

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Many, many distortion boxes... too many to name...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    The Boss MT-2 ranks highly... at least 70% of the guitar players I know use it. Stupid metal-plankton.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by pariah
    The Boss MT-2 ranks highly... at least 70% of the guitar players I know use it. Stupid metal-plankton.

Now see I like the mt-2.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    boss PH3 was pretty useless.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    boss PH3 was pretty useless.

shhh. I need the money.

I've tried some really bad stuff. I don't really hate any pedals. I just find them useless.

Unless you are in a hip hop band the Digitech Whammy is pretty useless albiet cool as shit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    shhh. I need the money.

remind you're roommate that ebay is legally binding. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    remind you're roommate that ebay is legally binding. :D

I suppose I could sue him for 10,000,000 dollars for emotional distress.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Now see I like the mt-2.
    Well the thing is, when I strum my strings, no matter what effect is on, I want to be able to hear myself strumming strings trough my cab. What I DON'T want to hear is high gain trebly metallic FRZFRZZRFRFR. And now my problem with the MT-2 is that when I strum my strings, the sound I get from it is high gain trebly metallic FRZFRZZRFRFR. And as I stated before, I do not like high gain trebly metallic FRZFRZZRFRFR. You get my point.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Well the thing is, when I strum my strings, no matter what effect is on, I want to be able to hear myself strumming strings trough my cab. What I DON'T want to hear is high gain trebly metallic FRZFRZZRFRFR. And now my problem with the MT-2 is that when I strum my strings, the sound I get from it is high gain trebly metallic FRZFRZZRFRFR. And as I stated before, I do not like high gain trebly metallic FRZFRZZRFRFR. You get my point.

Definately something to be said for clarity. Just try a Mesa Boogie with a sonic maximiser. You'll never play a metal zone again.

The tone shaping in that pedal is pretty nice though. The Keeley version gives the notes much better definition.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907

woah, you said you don't like mt-2, I said I do. The reason was irrelevant to me, you get my point. jeezus is there something in air.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    D.O.D chorus.............it is absolutley hopeless.......i've neber neen a bug fan of D.O.D.........it was cheap so i thought i'd buy it........i've since bought a Boss Super Chorus and its pretty good
  • Options
    KilmanKilman Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Silvercup
    D.O.D chorus.............it is absolutley hopeless.......i've neber neen a bug fan of D.O.D.........it was cheap so i thought i'd buy it........i've since bought a Boss Super Chorus and its pretty good

Indeed. My D.O.D Chorus pedal is now my frankenstein pedal. I hated it so much that i took it apart because i thought something was wrong with it. Now i'm in the process of "rebuilding"(if thats what you want to call it).
    If we all stop voting, will they all go away?
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Unless you are in a hip hop band the Digitech Whammy is pretty useless albiet cool as shit.

I just saw a DigiTech Reverb pedal with foot control (looks like their whammy or wah) and was sort of interested... but it was in a pawn shop, didn't have a good opportunity to try it out... anyone ever heard/used one of these?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    woah, you said you don't like mt-2, I said I do. The reason was irrelevant to me, you get my point. jeezus is there something in air.
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound irritated or mad or anything. Just trying to give a reasonable explanation for my opinion... Guess my English still sucks too much to give things I write the tone I want...

I should use more emoticons I guess.... ;)