3 Message Pit members take over Guitar Center.

senninsennin Posts: 2,146
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
:p

Jamainiac, Rockford and I ROCKED Guitar Center!

I got to play on a Les Paul Jr, and an SG, through a Hotrod Deluxe (same amp I have). Fun stuff!

In the acoustic room I quickly went thought an assortment of Taylors, Martins, Gibsons, etc....and then I found a guitar I couldn't put down, a Martin Hd-28. Not sure what it was, but it felt just right!

Anywho....no purchases for me...but now I want an HD-28. :p

Jamainiac did buy a new bass and amp!!! Yay for her! She's really getting in to the bass thing! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    There's just something about a woman that rocks the low end...I dunno...it makes me hot. :D
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    enharmonic wrote:
    There's just something about a woman that rocks the low end...I dunno...it makes me hot. :D

Women who play guitar = extremely sexy.

As if a Gibson alone wasn't sexy enough, throw a beautiful girl on one of them, and I'm done. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • :cool:!!!!!!!

I would have loved to have been there with you all!

Did you all play "Stairway" in the store?

Ok, and I'll third the motion.

Sexy!!!

Puremagic is a bass player! Case in point! :D

Thelouderthebetter - my dear old friend and 5 foot tall ball of punk fire on that bass. Haha,, Her, that Fender bass on our Ampeg SVT amps that were 2 feet taller than her really cut a great image at CBGB's! :cool:

And now,,,the awesome Jamainiac on bass! Haha!! This makes my day! You go girl!

Ok, now this isn't to say that Sennin and Rockford aren't sexy on your guitars. I'm sure you are! I'm just not too good at picking out which guys are sexy.

But Jamainiac ?,,, No doubt about that!

Maybe we should have regional Guitar Center invasions between the other "Musicians and Gearheaders",,, ok, maybe with a slicker easier to spell name! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

*shows off photo of new 'baby'*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/mybass.jpg

:D

Thanks for sending me the link to this thread my sweet friend :)

Sennin says...'hmmm... now I can say I'm dating a bass player' :p

YAY!! I'm going to finally learn to make some of the sweet stuff I love so much!! I actually wake up thinking about it in the morning :p

I'm going to make a massive bass attack this weekend! I don't know anything about reading music (tabs/notes or otherwise) and have never played an instrument... so there's nowhere to go but up!!!

BoB... now maybe we'll jam before we go up in the balloon to drink bubbles??!! :):) you would have loved seeing me in the guitar shop... tapping away (at what I now know to be as my second finger on the 7th fret of the E string) and thinking... 'Oooohhhh.... Pink Floyd's One of These Days' :D:D:D
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    DOSW wrote:
    Women who play guitar = extremely sexy.

As if a Gibson alone wasn't sexy enough, throw a beautiful girl on one of them, and I'm done. :D

It's pretty cool to have musical girlfriends,

80% less dirty looks and "Can you turn that down?" or

"I like it when you play the acoustic more"

Props to the ladies who lay down the low..... you put out the good vibes to the audience. You guys are the meat, guitar players are the gravy, you'll probably never hear a sound guy tell you to turn it down remember you and the drummer form the rhythm, the foundation, the most important part.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • jamainiac wrote:
    :D < That's me... beaming...

BoB... now maybe we'll jam before we go up in the balloon to drink bubbles??!! :):) you would have loved seeing me in the guitar shop... tapping away (at what I now know to be as my second finger on the 7th fret of the E string) and thinking... 'Oooohhhh.... Pink Floyd's One of These Days' :D:D:D

I'm glad you are so happy and I hope you have many great times with it making music!!

I can give you a quick primer,,, hmm, let's see where to start.

Ok Bass player joke that your're going to hear, usually from guitarists:

Q: What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
    A: A Bass Player.

Ok, here's what do do in a situation like that.

First bass lesson for you, Jams! Free of charge as all of them will be!

Learn this musical passage :D :

How many guitar players does it take to wallpaper a room?
    Three, if you slice them thin enough.

What's the difference between a guitarist and a mutual fund?
    One matures.

What do you call a guitar player without a girlfriend?
    Homeless

How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?
    6, One to change it, and 5 to stand around and say, "I could've done that!"

How many guitar players does it take to cover a Stevie Ray Vaughan tune?
    Evidently all of them.

How do you make a guitarist play quieter?
    Put sheet music in front of him.

How does a guitarist get a million dollars?
    Give him 2 million

Ok, Jamaniac, hopefully this lesson will get you on your way!

Oh, and maybe this:

Biggest to smallest strings, EADG
    Anywhere on the bass, two frets up and two strings down is an octave
    (Open E string is an E, two frets up on the D string is an E)

On the low E second fret. (The E string is closest to your,,,, your,,,, heart! :)

Finger the second fret with your index finger and go "doo -quick pause -do do"
    On the D string 4th fret - one beat, Doo
    Back to the E string 2nd fret - Doo

Repeat that until Robert Plant comes in and goes Aheeeeaaaaaaaaaa AHHH! a few times and when when he yells "come to the land of the ice and snow"

Finger the 5th fret E string which will be "Baaaa" then let it ring with an open E (No finger on string) "Bwaaaaa" Have sennin crash a cymbal or a beer bottle or something for drama!

Play this for days on end for your beau!!! :D
    Be kind, man

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Finger the 5th fret E string which will be "Baaaa" then let it ring with an open E (No finger on string) "Bwaaaaa" Have sennin crash a cymbal or a beer bottle or something for drama!

Play this for days on end for your beau!!! :D

Hi Bob! That's just damn awesome!! Thank you for the lesson (s) :p The little guy (prolly 17) at the music store where I bought my 'bass for beginners' book & dvd the other night said 'so you've never played a musical instrument before and now you've bought an electric bass and an amp... are you starting a band'? I laughed and said... 'kinda' :p

I know it can be very time consuming and often frustrating to try to learn anything new... but I get SO excited with any little advance that I don't think it will take much to keep me going :) I'm already very 'self amused' ... now I can be 'self entertained' as well!!

I've already let go of my stubborness and relaxed to the plain fact that all bass tabs are upsidedown... :\ and my top string (which of course I know is G) is actually on the bottom :\:D Thankfully my first finger can remain my index finger... whoever decided that one can be in my band any day :)
    she lets go
  • jamainiac wrote:

I've already let go of my stubborness and relaxed to the plain fact that all bass tabs are upsidedown... :\ and my top string (which of course I know is G) is actually on the bottom :\:D Thankfully my first finger can remain my index finger... whoever decided that one can be in my band any day :)

Tabs are upside down and you have to remember that and that the top strings are on the bottom,,, It IS weird!
    I guess because maybe tab users are standing there looking down at their strings with their guitar turned upward wondering where that finger goes, then that.

well,

Tab was invented by guitarists, I'm sure! ;)

I never really have used tab. I learned by ear and it would be a good thing for you to do, too! Learn where the notes are on the frets, too. :cool: Kind of round your learning out a bit between reading music, ear training and tab.
    Haha, when I grew up,, there WAS no tab,,, we had to make out own strings and ,,, yeah right! :rolleyes:

Try not to look at the strings all the time so you can look out into the crowd and see all the admirers, too! Like this:
    ........:)

:D:D:D:D:D
    Be kind, man

*makes mental note to remember to speak to tour manager about Bob getting VIP seats and backstage pass* :D

When I was picking out my amp the boys were off in the accoustic room touching beautiful guitars... the sales guy asks me 'are you just going to use it for practicing and jamming at home... or will you be doing gigs'?

I almost peed my pants giggling :p

'Oh... I'm pretty sure it'll just be me and the boys kicking around the apartment for the time being' :p
    she lets go
  • jamainiac wrote:
    *makes mental note to remember to speak to tour manager about Bob getting VIP seats and backstage pass* :D

When I was picking out my amp the boys were off in the accoustic room touching beautiful guitars... the sales guy asks me 'are you just going to use it for practicing and jamming at home... or will you be doing gigs'?

I almost peed my pants giggling :p

'Oh... I'm pretty sure it'll just be me and the boys kicking around the apartment for the time being' :p

Tina Weymouth!!!!

She didn't know how to play the bass when she started with the Talking Heads! A couple of years later,,, haha,,, have you ever seen the DVD "Stop Making Sense"
    If you haven't, you need to!!!
    Be kind, man