Boost/OD

senninsennin Posts: 2,146
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
A guy I work with plays lead.....has a PRS and a LP Standard. (lots of rock, 70's to present)

He's playing out of a Marshall (not sure the model)....but he says his sound is too muddy and his solos are a little too muffled and quiet.

He's looking at getting a TS-808.....but is balking at the $$$. TS-9 still a good pedal?

I told him to check in to some hotter pickups......but I don't have a clue, so I thought I'd ask you guys to see if you can help me help him out.

I know alot of people here like the Keeley and Greedtone stuff.......

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The TS-9 is a good pedal. I haven't played the TS-808 so I don't know. The BBE Green Screamer looks interesting (808 clone).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I agree with the TS-9. The BD-2 is a good pedal when ya figure it out too. Also give that one some consideration.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • BBE boosta grande, mxr/custom audio electronics boost/OD, etc..
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • I swear by the Keeley TS-9 Plus mod. But the oldest and best "808" clone for the money is the Maxon OD-808.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Maxon-OD808-Overdrive?sku=155025
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.