Immortality...Benaroya

senninsennin Posts: 2,146
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is there a more complete tab out there? I haven't picked up a good ear yet....so I have trouble grabbing the chords.

The main riffs, I'm fine with. I have a the tabs for the solos.

Mainly I'm looking for the chords for the rest of the song....mainly Stone's parts during Mike's solos....and the chords/riffs played durring the long outtro...

Thanks for any help!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I think giventowail.com has the Benaroya songs up
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Giventowail only has the solo posted I think. I'm interested in finding out Stone's chords as well during Mike's solo so if anyone knows them we'll all appreciate it.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    The chords are pretty much the same as the studio however, he varies up WHEN he plays them. Also, he adds another chord which accomadates Jeff's bass part.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Best Version Ever.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    I besg to differ...

The "Self Pollution Radio" one has an AMAZING solo along with the Randalls Island one from '96
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    anyone?
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i'd say its the same as the studio version, its not like they changed the chords.......the chords during the solo are E minor and D sus (D chord without the middle finger on the bottom string)......first you strum them lightly and them you slam on them towards the end of the solo, the rhytym is a bit different but it is still those two chords.......and the end part is probably the same little riffs as the studio version
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    PJammin' wrote:
    Best Version Ever.

Well, my favorite at least. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Yep, I finally figured it out with the help of Stuffnjunk. The part during Mike's solo where Stone kicks it into high gear goes like this:

Em -> Dsus (regular d chord but with open high e string)-> Em -> C

And repeat a bunch of times. Sounds really good!
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    DOSW wrote:
    Yep, I finally figured it out with the help of Stuffnjunk. The part during Mike's solo where Stone kicks it into high gear goes like this:

Sweet! I'll have to try this out when I get home!
  • correct me if im wrong (havent dabbled into the roya in a while) but i think stone is playing a 12 string in that song, although it still is EADGBE (x2) it will give it a chimy-er sound thinkign that it is variated chords....just a guess though.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    DOSW wrote:

NICE!!! glad i could help!! i don't think there's a C chord in there, its just Em & Dsus, and it ends on a big A chord before you go back to the main riff.....but hey, if it sounds good - it is good
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
    correct me if im wrong (havent dabbled into the roya in a while) but i think stone is playing a 12 string in that song, although it still is EADGBE (x2) it will give it a chimy-er sound thinkign that it is variated chords....just a guess though.
    well i know mike is playing a 12 string, cuz he solos on it
    Mike is, Stone isn't I don't think. I think Jeff is playing electric for most of the show.
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    NICE!!! glad i could help!! i don't think there's a C chord in there, its just Em & Dsus, and it ends on a big A chord before you go back to the main riff.....but hey, if it sounds good - it is good

During the first half of the solo Stone just softly alternates between the Em and Dsus chords, but at about the 3:14 mark when the rhythm section gets really heavy (the best part of the song IMO) he alternates between Em->Dsus and Em->C. It's definitely a different chord unless Jeff hits a different note which makes Stone's chord sound different.

And yeah I think the last part of the song is just a lot of A chords and improv.