Boss/Fender Pedals

senninsennin Posts: 2,146
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm thinking about changing my set up, from a Hotrod Deluxe (Too loud for the apartment....even with a weber :p) to a Epi Valve Jr + Junior Cab + a pedal or 2.

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Boss/Fender pedals? Reverb or Bassman?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I think exhausted likes his Deluxe Reverb pedal in front of the Valve Jr. I personally haven't tried either.

If the HRD is too loud for bedroom level, I actually have a similar problem with my Traynor YCV40. The MiniMass didn't help keep that under control?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Novawind wrote:
    I think exhausted likes his Deluxe Reverb pedal in front of the Valve Jr. I personally haven't tried either.

If the HRD is too loud for bedroom level, I actually have a similar problem with my Traynor YCV40. I'm hopefully getting a 50W Weber MiniMass for my birthday and I'll let you know how that works out. Maybe you don't need a different amp, just an attenuator to help keep the volume under control.

I have a 50w Weber Mini. :p It kicks ass btw....

I have to turn it all the way down to .5 to get that thing to bedroom level, haha.

It sounds great....but just seems like overkill for my living situation. It's not like I'm going to gig anytime soon. :p

Maybe I just have an addiction to new equipment. :)
  • I wouldn't go with the Junior cabinet, I'd look into something else. Single 12 from avatar or something. Find a less efficient speaker to put in it.

The Junior might fool you on what 5 watts can do.

Maybe just a used Pod and some head phones?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Q: What's louder (in general), a 5W amp driving a 4x12 cab rated at 280W, or a 40W 1x12 combo?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    sennin wrote:
    I'm thinking about changing my set up, from a Hotrod Deluxe (Too loud for the apartment....even with a weber :p) to a Epi Valve Jr + Junior Cab + a pedal or 2.

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Boss/Fender pedals? Reverb or Bassman?

clips here:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=4468308#post4468308
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    sennin wrote:
    I have a 50w Weber Mini. :p It kicks ass btw....

I have to turn it all the way down to .5 to get that thing to bedroom level, haha.

It sounds great....but just seems like overkill for my living situation. It's not like I'm going to gig anytime soon. :p

Maybe I just have an addiction to new equipment. :)
    Most guitarists do!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V