Options

EBow?

aggietomaggietom Posts: 26
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone use one? I just got one and I am trying to learn the tricks of the trade.

Any websites other than ebow.com that could help me? Any advice?

Also, how extensively do you use them in your normal "setlist"?

Thanks...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Never had or used one... always seemed like more of a toy than I ever needed.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    I love mine but it's not that useful except for coloring in songs. Try using it with a tremelo, it makes some of the most bizare & beautiful sounds. It's also much easier to control if you use a volume pedal instead of trying to control with the e-bow itself. A lot of getting used to with it is in the grip or handling of it. I personally hold mine upsidedown from the recommended position, just more comfortable for me. Try laying your guitar in your lap while sitting you can probobly do more that way also.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Volume swells are a pretty cool effect... especially with some delay. I get some pretty interesting violin-like tones with a comp, an overdrive, and a delay with volume swells.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i like the ability to do sustained harmonic feedback with the ebow. i had a borrowed ebow for a while and enjoyed it. too expensive for the use i'd get out of it though.

the rest of the time, i just do swells with a volume pedal.
  • Options
    low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    volume swells are the greatest thing in the world.

I used an Ebow for a while back in 99 to try it out. I had fun with it but it isnt practical in a live situation unless all you do is play guitar in the band. if you sing/play its pretty hard to work one in

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i have one but i cannot say that i use it all that often. sometimes i'll play around with it, trying to write using it, but most of the time i'll just pull it in to colour a song.

i really like playing with my slide and ebow, with delay. gives a great li'l sound.