Anyone know any good Ebow learning resources?

aggietomaggietom Posts: 26
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've had one for over a year and I still don't get much out of it. I'm going to have more time once school lets out and I'd like to learn how to create a better variety of sounds with it.

Anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    aggietom wrote:
    I've had one for over a year and I still don't get much out of it. I'm going to have more time once school lets out and I'd like to learn how to create a better variety of sounds with it.

Anyone?

did you visit their website?
    Best thing is to just use it as much as possible. The sweetspot is pretty easy to find, just practice hammer ons and pull offs with it.
    I started using it with an acoustic, so when I moved over to electric it was a piece of cake.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    it comes with a booklet that shows you different techniques.........i never really read it too well, but after seeing SNL, i am gonna reread it and try new shit like eddie was doing
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    You have to use it and get the hang of it. There's no easy answer or tutorial. Once you get used to mking it work on your guitar, you will be able to find different ways to get different sounds from it.
  • yeah really.

i don't have one (want one BADLY :) ) but i could've told you to just experiment with it.

don't be too close minded to what it can do either..

just fuck with it :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Best pick-up to play it on is the neck position. Turn your volume down because it doesn't take much juice to use it.

A great song to practice with - U2's Staring at the Sun from Pop (sorry, U2 and Pop haters!).
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • ebow plus gives you a tutorial cassette, haven't listened to it yet...maybe i will now

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • can you really use one with an acoustic guitar?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"