order for pedals.....

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
is there any particular order i should have my pedals in.... or should it just depend on the sound i want to get???? only just bought another couple of power supplies and some pedal patch cables........ have an overdrive, chorus, tremolo and a flanger.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    What I personally would do:

chorus -> flange -> overdrive -> tremolo

But it is all just personal preference. One person will tell you THIS order is the ONLY way, and another person will tell you the first person was smoking crack, it should be the exact opposite.

Me, I go like this as a general rule of thumb:

tuner, volume, boost, wah, compression, EQ, pitch, modulation, overdrive, distortion, fuzz, tremolo, delay, reverb.

Did I miss anything?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thanks.... this is exactly how i've been playing it for the last few days actually..... is the best setup i've found yet.
  • Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    What I personally would do:

chorus -> flange -> overdrive -> tremolo

But it is all just personal preference. One person will tell you THIS order is the ONLY way, and another person will tell you the first person was smoking crack, it should be the exact opposite.

Me, I go like this as a general rule of thumb:

tuner, volume, boost, wah, compression, EQ, pitch, modulation, overdrive, distortion, fuzz, tremolo, delay, reverb.

Did I miss anything?

is that a generic response? i think i've seen that one before... :-\

my bad, this is the same thread. i'll be getting my dunce cap now...
  • Bump
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...