my band

jammergurl123jammergurl123 Posts: 4
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey all. i play bass in a band called strictly for the birds. check us out, listen to our songs, come see our shows, give me some feedback. it's not really pearl jam-ey stuff, but see if you like it. also, if anyone has an idea of a cover we could do, let me know. we're trying to figure out a good cover or two to throw into our repertoire.

http://www.myspace.com/strictlyforthebirds
thieves in the window
trouble down the hall
the resin white ceiling
blood, dripping, flows
out on the front line
preachers sweep the earth
out on their backsides
with nothing in common, with no problem
she's just a girl...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not exactly my garden...i dont really dig it. But i think any song written by Paul McCartney would be good. anyways, keep on goign with it, it has some potential

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Hey,

Interesting stuff. Very unususal obviously. This sounds like grad lounge stuff :)

Anyway... my criticisms: the first 2 songs listed sound Way too much alike.
    The Trumpet following the vocals in those songs would be interesting in one song, but in 2 it becomes droning. I mean I like brass. Look how much it has done for Broken Social Scene. It needs to be used in special circumstances and with a subtlety. I guess what I mean is that the way it is now it just adds to those 2 songs sounding alike.

I think Moon heat and I just see snow are good songs. Moon heat reminds me of something from jesus christ superstar, which is a good thing I think. It is pretty cool.

I may be looking at this wrong, I am assuming I should evaluate this as pop music. But then the 2nd 2 songs could be pop music with tweaking.

Overall very interesting stuff and the least someone could say is its done very well for what it is. Good job :)

EDIT: 1 more complement: The lyrics aren't shit!!! The #1 problem with bands presented on this website and by friends and stuff. Again good stuff...
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day