Nothin But Telecasters Baby

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
thats my axe of choice. play nothing but....
gotta say i first got turned on to them before i knew shit about guitars, i saw eddie v, and bruce springsteen playing them and i just thought they looked so damn cool.

so few tele questions???

anyone know where you can get that yellow tele that ed used to play. its a schecter?

anyone have a fender 62 custom tele. they are the sharpest looking. im in line to get one here on in NJ, but i was told they are on back order and i wont have it until may.. anyone know an easier way to get my hand on a black one of these?
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the yellow/gold one is a schecter.

getting a 62 custom in black sooner? hit the online stores or eby i guess.
  • To get the black or gold checter ed played is nearly impossible. They were made in the early to mid 80's and are pretty sweet guitars. There was a black one on ebay in half decent shape last week starting at 900 US.

I was set on buying one for so long but they are hard to find and ebay guitar purchases scare me.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Love tele's too. I have an '03 Custom American Tele in butterscotch with maple neck. The pups are the vintage nocasters which are a touch hotter and more classic sounding than the standard deltone's. Fender only made 100 or so for this run and I was lucky enough to snag one.
  • To get the black or gold checter ed played is nearly impossible. They were made in the early to mid 80's and are pretty sweet guitars. There was a black one on ebay in half decent shape last week starting at 900 US.

I was set on buying one for so long but they are hard to find and ebay guitar purchases scare me.

The gold schecter is a 1996 i believe. i have never seen one of these anywhere or on ebay. I don't know where one would try to find one. The black schecter is a 1985, with all the early 80s ones being pretty much the same. occasionally one of these will pop up on ebay, but they usually bring a pretty high dollar amount in decent shape.

i've been searching ebay for about a year now for these and haven't found/got one yet. they are kick ass guitars, along with about every other guitar eddie gets his hands on.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The gold schecter is a 1996 i believe. i have never seen one of these anywhere or on ebay. I don't know where one would try to find one. The black schecter is a 1985, with all the early 80s ones being pretty much the same. occasionally one of these will pop up on ebay, but they usually bring a pretty high dollar amount in decent shape.

i've been searching ebay for about a year now for these and haven't found/got one yet. they are kick ass guitars, along with about every other guitar eddie gets his hands on.

honestly if you guys are really lusting for these things, the diamond series is not bad at all. My friend has one with Duncans installed and it's excellent tonally I'd just prefer jet black or gold top to quilted maple.

Carvin also makes an outstanding version of the same thing called the TL 60.

or you could get the new set neck dbl hum teles.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yha but those early 80s ones were american made. I hate the schecter headstock. Well the tempest one rules actually but I hate the PT one. It looks way better with a tele headstock.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • dont you ever feel the need for just that little bit of extra growl that you cant get with a tele?
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Voiceless wrote:
    dont you ever feel the need for just that little bit of extra growl that you cant get with a tele?

Surprisingly, my tele has a lot of growl and also a lot of twang. I also have two Gibby Les Pauls for everythine else :)
  • Voiceless wrote:
    dont you ever feel the need for just that little bit of extra growl that you cant get with a tele?

That's why you get a beautiful Tele, and chop it to pieces, and splice in some Fralin P-90's.

Or, this coming summer, a pair of Gibson Burstbuckers or Classic 57's.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Excellent topic Champagne! "The Boss" was the reason Tele's caught my eye as well. I was so stoked the first time I saw Eddy playing one. I save d all the change I had to buy a Squier Tele, it was one of the first Squiers, I loved it so much, I bought an American "Fat" Tele as soon as I could (Like four years later!). I still get compliments on how well my Squier plays.
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    If you really want a Telecaster like Eddie's then get a Schecter custom shop. They'll do one exactly like you want. I don't know their prices so go check out the website. It's suppose to be a really good cross between a Tele and a Les Paul..."a true Les Tele" a magazine said. Like someone else said their is a cheaper Diamond Series version...it's on their website.
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Voiceless wrote:

http://www.seymourduncan.com Hot for Tele pickups...hotter pickups that have a center tap. This means you can have true tele single coil sound or a really hot sound for lots of gain! again still single coil. So you always retain that single coil sound...just with a boost when you need it!