Looking to bid on this guitar...

Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7318819467&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It's a mex but it looks to have some decent electronics...I used to own an Ibanez back in the day...nothing special. However I was hoping some people with more experience than myself can shed some light on whether I should be pursuing this one.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BriansGMCBriansGMC Posts: 33
    The only thing I would be worried about is the fact that they swapped the 6 screw trem for a 2 post trem. That makes that area of the body weak and prone to cracking. Even if they filled the old screw holes it could still break or crack. As far as the electronics go you probably got a damn good soundin Strat. I just wouldn't get to crazy with the trem.
    Oh and this is my first post yeah for me.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    thanks...i did win it

so what would be the reason for switching from a 6 bolt to 2?

can it be switched back without costing an arm and a leg?
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    BriansGMC wrote:
    The only thing I would be worried about is the fact that they swapped the 6 screw trem for a 2 post trem. That makes that area of the body weak and prone to cracking. Even if they filled the old screw holes it could still break or crack. As far as the electronics go you probably got a damn good soundin Strat. I just wouldn't get to crazy with the trem.
    Oh and this is my first post yeah for me.
    welcome.

keep up the good work.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Nice guitar for the money! Congratulations.

Let us know how those pickups sound. They're essentially low powered humbuckers that are no hum, and act like high powered single coils.

I wouldn't worry too much about the trem holes. If the body wood is good they should hold ok. Like BriansGMC says, it can weaken it a bit, but no worries. Take a look at it between string changes, and you can always glue in some dowels to the old screw holes if need be, or go back to the other style bridge. A good job of filling old screw holes or fixing broken necks is actually stronger than the wood itself.

Nice bidding action you did there! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart