Options

good strings for elictric

yeahyeah Posts: 18
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
same as other post cept for elictric im new and just got new strings and when dude asked what kind i wanted i just said what ever you use so please help

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    GHS Boomers. 10's or 11's. I use 11's.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    i started using Boomer 10's after posting a similar question on this board and i am very pleased with the tone. try em out

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I still have a package of Boomers lying around since Sinterklaas... when I finally get my Mustang bridge I can replace the stinky D'Addario's with them. Wonder what difference it makes.

Dank u, Sinterklaasje! :D
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    Wonder what difference it makes.

They give a fuller, more defined tone...

If you want to play funk, gotta go with Ernie Ball Slinkys.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    They give a fuller, more defined tone...

If you want to play funk, gotta go with Ernie Ball Slinkys.

I gotta go with negative on the slinky's. Even for funk except on maybe bass. Their guitar strings are pure shite compared to GHS (boomers) and DR(tite fit). I don't break strings anymore and I go through balls like a hot knife though butter. The core of their strings just licks "balls"

Just my opinion though lots of people play and love ernie ball but I ain't endorsing them.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I gotta go with negative on the slinky's. Even for funk except on maybe bass. Their guitar strings are pure shite compared to GHS (boomers) and DR(tite fit). I don't break strings anymore and I go through balls like a hot knife though butter. The core of their strings just licks "balls"

Just my opinion though lots of people play and love ernie ball but I ain't endorsing them.

I sorta agree... they do pop a little easier...

But if you want that slinky sound, it's all Balls...
  • Options
    I sorta agree... they do pop a little easier...

But if you want that slinky sound, it's all Balls...

I think the balls are a little looser in the top end than other companies adding to their slinkiness.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Yeah, but the method of winding for that "slink" is what makes them so easy to break... gotta play with a lighter touch on the Balls.
  • Options
    Yeah, but the method of winding for that "slink" is what makes them so easy to break... gotta play with a lighter touch on the Balls.

:) Graph tech saddles would help too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    :) Graph tech saddles would help too.

They did wonders for my LP! I recommend them...
  • Options
    I love my GHS Boomers. I use .10's (to .46), and they fit me perfectly. Those are the strings that I always recommend.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Elixirs are wonderful
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Options
    Originally posted by don't_go_on_me
    I love my GHS Boomers. I use .10's (to .46), and they fit me perfectly. Those are the strings that I always recommend.
    boomers are good strings, but my band isnt playing shows, yet. im just using Fender strings right now, its whats available to me.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Originally posted by parchy
    Elixirs are wonderful

Love the acoustic strings, could live without the electric strings... they do last a hell of a long time, though...
  • Options
    elixir's .. i tried them once. they had a film over the string to protect your fingers right? I tried them once and never liked the tone. I am a believer in Martin SP Bronze...... light guage. they have a great tone once you break them in.
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    DR's are by far my favorite electric string.