Which guitar should I choose?

matsmbmatsmb Posts: 6
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi jammers!
I`m currently playing a Epiphone Les Paul and want to buy a new one, but I`m having trouble to decide what brand/model...
I`m loving the les paul guitars and I might buy a real Gibson les paul/studio/special faded, but then I will have two guitars with the same "sound".

I`m a fan of fender stuff and I like the tone in a telecaster but it lacks the tremolo arm, therefore i might go for a strat!

thoughts on this are warmly welcome!

The guitars costs 2-3 times more in norway than in USA,lucky folks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've noticed horrible fret jobs on the faded addition guitars from Gibson. If you want a wammy bar then the strat would be the way to go. Gibsons and teles don't have them.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • 2italy2italy Posts: 39
    Originally posted by matsmb
    Hi jammers!
    I`m currently playing a Epiphone Les Paul and want to buy a new one, but I`m having trouble to decide what brand/model...
    I`m loving the les paul guitars and I might buy a real Gibson les paul/studio/special faded, but then I will have two guitars with the same "sound".

I`m a fan of fender stuff and I like the tone in a telecaster but it lacks the tremolo arm, therefore i might go for a strat!

thoughts on this are warmly welcome!

The guitars costs 2-3 times more in norway than in USA,lucky folks!

I'd go for a gibson les paul studio. I have one and I really like it.
  • I'm a huge telecast fan myself, but you're right. Most don't come with a tremolo bar on them. But when I got my American tele new, it came with one,...just not a spot to put it on. There are some that have the Bigsby on them,...but they'll run you a little more. Unless you are in absolute love with teles,...go with the strat.
    Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it -Black Francis