Building Blocks for a newbie

carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So i got an acoustic guitar for x-mas and i'm pretty excited. Tomorrow i'm going to buy a book and hopefully teach myself. I was wondering though if you could give me some insight on to what i need to focus on to maybe make things easier. Also - if you could recommend a good book to learn on that would be great too. thanks anyone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• carbon436 wrote:
    So i got an acoustic guitar for x-mas and i'm pretty excited. Tomorrow i'm going to buy a book and hopefully teach myself. I was wondering though if you could give me some insight on to what i need to focus on to maybe make things easier. Also - if you could recommend a good book to learn on that would be great too. thanks anyone

just learn the chords first....most songs are based around the chords and some chord variations.
    Wave came crashing...
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Try to find someone that gives lessons in your area. I tried the self-taught method and my guitar sat and collected dust for 4 years. But thats just me. I need the feedback of someone else telling me whether or not I'm doing it right. I'm sure you can find someone decent and a good price. I pay $20 for a half hour every week and its well worth it! Good luck and keep up updated.