yo paco.

TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
have you had any time to play your dcomp or my OD? how are you liking them?
my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey tele, I got them but I was at the Masters all weekend, still I managed to put about an hour on them on thursday. The Dyna Comp is perfect. Nice touch on the super blue LED. Rock solid output no pumping. Smooth noticeable (read obvious compression) I love it. Lets me play as hard as I want. Thanks a lot. Anyone with a dynacomp should send it to Mr. Shannon.

Your overdrive is frankly outstanding. Very very smooth. I must admit I felt pretty silly at first. I was A b'ing with my Barber Direct Drive and wondering why the Barber had so much treble while yours was much darker though also much smoother and less harsh, after I figured out the tone knob was reversed and similar to the treble cut on my Rat I laughed at myself. It's really quite smooth, a bit more so than the DD though the DD has more output. I can't pick a favorite between them both are excellent in thier own right, but you picked a cool color for the case and the big bright blue LED is very easy to locate on a dark stage. Personally I don't think a Fender owner would want to turn it off. Very nice mids I am a huge fan of the asymetrical clipping I just like that mode the best. You did very very well with this one Eric. I cannot believe how smooth it is exactly as a tubescreamer should be Fender amp owners should never turn it off. I appreciate the audition.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    great. glad the compressor turned out the way you wanted. thanks for the comments and feedback. the tone knob has thrown everyone off at first. just thought i'd make it different and wire it backwards. the asymmetrical clipping seems to be the preference of everyone whose used it so far. i may just make it that way from now on and take the switch out. how much more output does the DD have than mine? just looking at the insides of the DD on his website, i think he clips the signal less than mine which would give it a little more volume. plus, i don't think uses input or output buffers. his circuit seems alot different than the actual 808 circuit. more of a bare bones approach. barber has a great product though.

so you went to the masters? awesome, my dad went too. he lives not too far from you in kennesaw. you were there on the 18th when mickelson hit that putt? that was crazy how dimarco's ball ended up just behind his to give him that read. it was good to see him win. he really deserved it and you couldn't have written it any better for him to get that first major. man, i've got the fever now and i'll have to play this weekend.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    great. glad the compressor turned out the way you wanted. thanks for the comments and feedback. the tone knob has thrown everyone off at first. just thought i'd make it different and wire it backwards. the asymmetrical clipping seems to be the preference of everyone whose used it so far. i may just make it that way from now on and take the switch out. how much more output does the DD have than mine? just looking at the insides of the DD on his website, i think he clips the signal less than mine which would give it a little more volume. plus, i don't think uses input or output buffers. his circuit seems alot different than the actual 808 circuit. more of a bare bones approach. barber has a great product though.

so you went to the masters? awesome, my dad went too. he lives not too far from you in kennesaw. you were there on the 18th when mickelson hit that putt? that was crazy how dimarco's ball ended up just behind his to give him that read. it was good to see him win. he really deserved it and you couldn't have written it any better for him to get that first major. man, i've got the fever now and i'll have to play this weekend.

Indeed. My new clubs are paid for but now that my various insurance payments and every other damn bill are due this month so I'm still waiting for that Strat. I was there on 15 when he punched out of the trees and then on the front row for the 18th drive. I stay away from the 18th green but I was perceptive enough to get a front row spot for Mickelsons walk to and from the Butler cabin right next to a bunch of members. It was unbelieveable. My parents also live in Kennesaw.

As far as the Barber, I think they are pretty close, I just percieve it to have slightly more output while yours is sonically smoother and more TS-808 like, the Barber is kind of it's own animal some like it some don't no OD is perfect, but the one you built is damn nice and should please near everyone wanting that style pedal. It's nice to know you know the builder personally and that it's sort of custom you know not a dime a dozen made in a factory
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.