Options

my masterpiece is complete - OD pedal

TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
well, you guys have already heard about my overdrive pedal. i just wanted to post a pic of what the finished insides look like with the good circuit boards. This is actually bob's (who's pearljam?) pedal that i'm shipping out to him tomorrow. check your email bob. i also found a way to get a little more volume output from the pedal. so i've added that to it.

http://www.geocities.com/thirdstonefree/

its the last image - IMG_0014.jpg
my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    well, you guys have already heard about my overdrive pedal. i just wanted to post a pic of what the finished insides look like with the good circuit boards. This is actually rob's (who's pearljam?) pedal that i'm shipping out to him tomorrow. check your email rob. i also found a way to get a little more volume output from the pedal. so i've added that to it.

http://www.geocities.com/thirdstonefree/

its the last image - IMG_0014.jpg

That is a great looking bunch of work! I'm excited to see it. Nice soldering on the board. Ooooh,,,,,,,,, more volume. I'll go clean my next door neighbor's gutters and butter them up for when the testing night comes.:D
    Batteries are included, too!

Thanks Telesonic!
    Bob
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Nice to have the electronic version of Martha Stewart on the board.

:D

Have fun Bob.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    My tube screamer made me real mad a few gigs ago and i kinda hurt it...and then threw it in the crowd. (fortunately it wasnt one of the good old ones) So now I'm using amp OD and my volume knob on the guitar. Where can I hear this and how much is it?
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • Options
    did I mention that i play the "mike" parts in a PJ tribute up in Chicago? I'd also be happy to wear a shirt or put stickers places people can see them. check out http://www.evenflowrocks.com for more on the band.
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • Options
    Originally posted by evenflowrocks
    My tube screamer made me real mad a few gigs ago and i kinda hurt it...and then threw it in the crowd. (fortunately it wasnt one of the good old ones) So now I'm using amp OD and my volume knob on the guitar. Where can I hear this and how much is it?

hey evenflowrocks...i'm making them up one at a time right now for anybody that wants one. i'm going to sell them for $135, but offer an early discount for those on this board for a price of $120.
    send me an email if you're interested. i guess if i can't get one to mike right now, certainly someone that plays mike's parts is a good place to start. no need to worry about tshirts or stickers, but i'd definitely come see you guys play should you purchase one. ;-)

eric
    eshannon@indy.rr.com
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    *paces back and forth, waiting for the UPS man to come with his new pedal*
    *Oooh,,, Is that HIM,,,, oh darn,,,,,,,, just a pick up truck*
    *Pacing Pacing Pacing Ohboy ohboy ohboy!*
    Be kind, man

You gotta fill me in when it comes, Bob... I want one, too!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    You gotta fill me in when it comes, Bob... I want one, too!

I definitely will. I run it through a bunch of amps, clean and dirty. Maybe a couple big ones, and a couple of bedroom sized ones. A/B it through exhausted's switch box with a couple of pedals. I have a feeling that this is going to be a good one!
    Be kind, man
  • Options
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?

bob, i emailed you the tracking number. should be there wednesday. damnit though! i just realized i forgot to send the other opamp (JRC4558D) with it. or did i? crap, i can't remember if i put it in there or not.
  • Options
    Eric, I really want one of these... when I get money, I'm placing an order for that 2-in-1 box I told you about, so start planning it out!

sweet MIG. so you'd want it all in one enclosure then rather than two pedals?
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    sweet MIG. so you'd want it all in one enclosure then rather than two pedals?

I want two pedals, independant, in one box. So that I can have them both off, on seperately, or on together (one into the other). It's essentially like having two seperate units, just in one box and hard-wired together. If you can figure that out, and get a power supply for both, that would be perfect. I realize it's a pain in the ass, and if you can't get it to work, that's fine... but if you can do it, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    I want two pedals, independant, in one box. So that I can have them both off, on seperately, or on together (one into the other). It's essentially like having two seperate units, just in one box and hard-wired together. If you can figure that out, and get a power supply for both, that would be perfect. I realize it's a pain in the ass, and if you can't get it to work, that's fine... but if you can do it, that would be awesome.

oh, i know what you mean. its easy to put it together the way you want, but it'll just be a pain to drill out the bigger enclosure. its going to have to be in the plain aluminum box, and i'll have to slap some type of printed label onto it. for the power supply, i'll include the DC jack but i could throw in two 9 volt battery snaps and wire them in parallel so it'll run longer. you can still run it off of one though if you want.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    oh, i know what you mean. its easy to put it together the way you want, but it'll just be a pain to drill out the bigger enclosure. its going to have to be in the plain aluminum box, and i'll have to slap some type of printed label onto it. for the power supply, i'll include the DC jack but i could throw in two 9 volt battery snaps and wire them in parallel so it'll run longer. you can still run it off of one though if you want.

Cool.... that would be awesome! So it could run off one DC jack at 9 volts?

So, my next question... I want one to be like a light overdrive, one to be a heavier overdrive, and both together to be like a wall of sound... any thoughts on how to get that result? I was just going to use two Tubescreamers, so anything you can recommend would be awesome.

Oh, and can I get two different LED's? Like a blue and a red, or something like that?