volume control for my phaser?

TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
so i've just about wrapped up my phaser design. i've got to have three controls on it. i've got speed and intensity right now. should my third be volume? that way you can guarantee unity gain or a slight boost. i could also make it a feedback control, but this can be problem since it raises the volume.
my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    EVERY pedal should have a volume control. It's paramount to be able to adjust the level of the sound.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    yep. volume it is then. i'm going to do the same on my tremolo.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    yep. volume it is then. i'm going to do the same on my tremolo.

excellent. You'll thank me when you put a few in the chain and instead of stepping on the mod and hearing your sound disappear you can just grab the volume knob and hear it come right back.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    especially if these are going to be more classic sounding effects, the volume control is more useful than the feedback.

what's the tremolo going to have, Vol, Depth, Speed? any control of waveform? in the case of tremolo, waveform is pretty important to have. volume could go on a trim if there isn't space on the front.
    LFO?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    LFO?

lite funky ones? they sucked!!! :p
    Originally posted by exhausted
    lite funky ones? they sucked!!! :p

I'm gonna go ahead and brush my shoulders off. :p
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    Originally posted by exhausted
    especially if these are going to be more classic sounding effects, the volume control is more useful than the feedback.

what's the tremolo going to have, Vol, Depth, Speed? any control of waveform? in the case of tremolo, waveform is pretty important to have. volume could go on a trim if there isn't space on the front.

ya, the trem will have those controls. it would also have a switch to select between a smoother triangle waveform and a chopping square wave. although i much prefer the triangle.

i've found that an external volume on a tremolo is essential. because at higher speeds setting, the amplitude is modulating so fast that it doesn't get back to unity. so the volume drops at higher speeds. especially in chop mode.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Definitely volume control on mine please:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart