i got a '59 strat!!!

TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
...in a dream last night! how's everyone been here in MAG? glad to see things back up.

good here. been selling pedals here and there. however, shannon effects will be coming to a close soon though. don't have to time to really focus on it right now. i've got a small stock of pedals left. so if interested, let me know. forum discount on them of course. phasers are all gone though. i'll get things up and running again somewhere down the line.

i got a couple new amps. a yamaha t50 head and a reverend goblin. the yahama was designed by soldano and is fairly close to the SLO 100. i've seen the schematic of both amps and they are roughly 90% the same. this thing takes 7 preamp tubes! 2 6L6 power tubes. the clean channel on it is one the best cleans i've ever heard. very rich and sounds great at low volume, which i really like. stays very clean until just the last bit of the pregain knob. the od channel has gobs of gain. a little too much for me. you get the marshall type tone at low to medium gain settings. but once past halfway, its starting to get brutal and fizzy in a way. i've read of a mod that can be done to calm it down a bit though. i'll probably send it in to soldano and see what he can do. i read an article in which he talked about this amp and some things that could be done to it. the reverb is hosed anyway. i'd like to attempt to work on the amp myself, but tube amps scare the hell out of me. 400 volts will kick your ass! i'll stick to 9 volts.

the goblin is an awesome little practice/bedroom amp.

http://www.reverenddirect.com/reverend/amps_etc/goblin.html

i got a great deal on one off of ebay for $425. gets a wide range of tones for a single channel using the schizo switch. i love being able to crank the gain at the 5 watt setting for tube saturation at low volumes. i does get pretty loud though at the 15 watt setting, but the 10" reverend speaker has a hard time keeping up on the low end. I plugged it into my 1 x 12 cab with a celestion G12T-75 and it blew me away. massive sound from this little thing. i'm very pleased with both of these amps.

and i sold my telesonic. i'll have to change my name i guess
my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice telesonic. excellent choice on the T50, I think we have extolled it's greatness on the board more than once or twice. Same as the T100 (owning it means you don't need a space heater in the winter time.)

The goblin I have been meaning to check out.

good to see you back, sorry to hear shannon-effects is going on hiatus.

have any distortions left?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • And I never even got to demo any of 'em...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • paco! what's up? i'm going to be down in kennesaw from saturday 'til tuesday visiting my dad. you gonna be around at all? maybe we could meet up one night. how long is it to alpharetta?

your falcons are looking good. not as good as my colts though.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • And I never even got to demo any of 'em...

you still have a chance MIG. let me know.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Telesonic wrote:
    paco! what's up? i'm going to be down in kennesaw from saturday 'til tuesday visiting my dad. you gonna be around at all? maybe we could meet up one night. how long is it to alpharetta?

your falcons are looking good. not as good as my colts though.

seriously?

Outstanding, will do. My parents live in Kennesaw, it's about 20 miles from Alpharetta, not far at all.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Telesonic wrote:

aboslutely love the overdrive...

will DEF be interestdin the distortion....
  • forum discount you say?!

I'm in the market for an overdrive, have any of those left by chance?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Telesonic wrote:

Well, I e-mailed you about two months ago and asked if you wanted sound files...

Now I don't have any recording equipment, and when I get my studio set up, you'll be practically out of business.

It's all about timing.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Well, I e-mailed you about two months ago and asked if you wanted sound files...

Now I don't have any recording equipment, and when I get my studio set up, you'll be practically out of business.

It's all about timing.

i'm not worried about soundclips now...just want to know if you want to demo them. not a problem.