My New Pedal Enclosure

TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Here it is:

http://www.shannon-effects.com/newcase.html

what do you think?
my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i dig it. top mounted jacks are way to go. sure it's the same size but one you take away the space needed for side jacks, it consumes less real estate on a board.

i think it's pretty classy looking.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Telesonic wrote:
    Here it is:

what do you think?

Looks good, I am glad to see you went with the jacks up top. It makes so much more sense. The case looks great, what is the price?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Telesonic wrote:
    Here it is:

what do you think?

that's cool as hell. I love the blue color too actually.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • The shape reminds me of the american big muff casing. The colour looks excellent. So what exactly is this the casing for? Price?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    yea i whole hearted dig that.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Very nice...

So, what're the chances the Uni-Phase could be stereo? ;)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    great! glad you guys seem to like it. i just wanted to have something that's custom and unique. needed to get away from the standard diecast aluminum boxes everyone is using.

mig - no stereo for now, but certainly something i'll consider on a more advanced design.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Telesonic wrote:
    great! glad you guys seem to like it. i just wanted to have something that's custom and unique. needed to get away from the standard diecast aluminum boxes everyone is using.

mig - no stereo for now, but certainly something i'll consider on a more advanced design.

Take a small cue from Sean at Love Pedal with his new Magic Boy. Sometimes, more features is not better. Maybe a custom shop could be available in stereo, but don't loose sight of the fact that time is money and you are in it to make that, if you can keep it cost effective you will certainly sell more, with the props that the original phaser has recieved, sound's like you've got a winner here. Adding stereo jacks, led's, dc inputs and all the great crap we could add on (and trust me there is a ton I'm sure) is going to take up your valuable time so while I don't doubt you could essentially make anything we could ask for in a phaser, it's not necessiarily going to make it more profitable for you to add that stuff on the production model.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Take a small cue from Sean at Love Pedal with his new Magic Boy. Sometimes, more features is not better. Maybe a custom shop could be available in stereo, but don't loose sight of the fact that time is money and you are in it to make that, if you can keep it cost effective you will certainly sell more, with the props that the original phaser has recieved, sound's like you've got a winner here. Adding stereo jacks, led's, dc inputs and all the great crap we could add on (and trust me there is a ton I'm sure) is going to take up your valuable time so while I don't doubt you could essentially make anything we could ask for in a phaser, it's not necessiarily going to make it more profitable for you to add that stuff on the production model.

true true. i definitely have to keep it simple starting out. i've certainly learned about keeping my build time in check. it can start to wear on you when also working a 40 hour week. that's why i was going to hang it up. i think i tried to do to much at first. i've learned that i just need one solid product that no one else makes to get things moving. the phaser/uniphase will do that for me hopefully.
    Telesonic wrote:
    true true. i definitely have to keep it simple starting out. i've certainly learned about keeping my build time in check. it can start to wear on you when also working a 40 hour week. that's why i was going to hang it up. i think i tried to do to much at first. i've learned that i just need one solid product that no one else makes to get things moving. the phaser/uniphase will do that for me hopefully.

I truely think that phaser is a winner, yeah, your other stuff is great. The OD you sent me was supurb, but that dosen't set you apart from the mix, everybody and their brother has an option at OD, I mean keep the plans and all because that stuff is great too and you can make them again later, but if this phaser is as good as people are raving, it could put you on the map and save you some time on other stuff. Analog Mike takes back orders and so does Keeley and some other guys, don't kill yourself and don't burn yourself out because clearly you've got talent. I'm looking foward to this new one.

when you find out what the market really wants....stereo jacks, etc, think about custom stuff and charge us for it, that way you are compensated for your time. I mean you know all of this I'm sure I'm just trying to help I guess.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I truely think that phaser is a winner, yeah, your other stuff is great. The OD you sent me was supurb, but that dosen't set you apart from the mix, everybody and their brother has an option at OD, I mean keep the plans and all because that stuff is great too and you can make them again later, but if this phaser is as good as people are raving, it could put you on the map and save you some time on other stuff. Analog Mike takes back orders and so does Keeley and some other guys, don't kill yourself and don't burn yourself out because clearly you've got talent. I'm looking foward to this new one.

when you find out what the market really wants....stereo jacks, etc, think about custom stuff and charge us for it, that way you are compensated for your time. I mean you know all of this I'm sure I'm just trying to help I guess.

yep, that's exactly how i'm looking at things. i've got a product that nobody else is making with the phaser. it'll really draw in the crowd of phase 90 fans. like you said, it can put me on the map and lead to other products that people will have an interest in right off the bat because they know my phaser is good.
  • what will be the difference between the uni phase and the current phaser?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Glad to see that you're back in the biz Telesonic! I wanted to again commend you on your OD pedal, which I can not live without nowadays (new band, great sound). With that said, I'd agree with Pacomc79 and say that you should concentrate on the phaser. If the old one was kick ass, I can only imagine what the next will do (no pressure). Like he said also, eveyone and their brother has an OD out there, and altough yours was the BEST, you need something different that JUMPS out, not just stands out from the crowd. Sometime soon when I get some money I may be hitting you up for a phaser.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!