Been a while...

TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
To all that know me, its been a looooong time since I've posted. I've had a lapse in PJ listening and haven't played much guitar lately for that matter. Just wanted to say Hi and see how everybody's doing. What's new on the gear front?
my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• We seem to be generally very fond of the new Kings of Leon record.

Vedder did a surprise show at some club last night and played "Where the Wild Roses Go" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. :) .. *swoons*.. Edit: Phony. :(:(:(:(:(

I think Neil Young still kicks ass.

Jazzmasters rule.

That sums it up.

Oh and GivenToWail is back up and better than ever :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Oh, we've also voted the the gear notes on the synergy site need to be updated, Les Pauls Vs. SG's have become a hot issue, and have helped people with tablature
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Oh, we've also voted the the gear notes on the synergy site need to be updated, Les Pauls Vs. SG's have become a hot issue, and have helped people with tablature
    True.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i still buy too many guitars and don't write enough music.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    We're more like Gearheads Anonymous than a discussion forum.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    exhausted wrote:
    i still buy too many guitars and don't write enough music.

hey greg! how are you? how's life as dad? yes, the revolving door of guitars will never stop. well, all gear that is, right? i'm trying to strip myself down to the basics though. one electric, one acoustic, one amp and some effects. force myself to become a better player. lessons may be in order soon.

you definitely have to write some more music. i still have a folder of your stuff somewhere on my PC. you write great music, but hard to find the time, huh? i need to do the same.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Telesonic wrote:
    hey greg! how are you? how's life as dad? yes, the revolving door of guitars will never stop. well, all gear that is, right? i'm trying to strip myself down to the basics though. one electric, one acoustic, one amp and some effects. force myself to become a better player. lessons may be in order soon.

you definitely have to write some more music. i still have a folder of your stuff somewhere on my PC. you write great music, but hard to find the time, huh? i need to do the same.

it's really hard to find the time. i try to play every day at least a little bit but i only get a couple opportunities a week to play long enough to try to write something or to really work on a recording.

i do have a couple new songs and i've also been going through all my unfinished/rejected stuff from the last couple of years to see what i can salvage. i have about 15 songs that are done musically but need lyrics. lots of them are songs that i did finish but i generally hate my lyrics so i'm trying to fit new ones to them because i actually like the music quite a bit in most cases. i just don't have the inspiration right now though. so i've been recording buddy holly covers etc. instead for fun.

i hope to finish enough stuff this summer to have a 10 song cd or so. just as a goal. i don't have any plans or anything.

life is just too busy with my son and work to really worry about much else. it's going quite well though. he's a lot of fun. and now that spring is here, my wife and i are getting more into gardening and landscaping now that we own a house with a yard of our own.

hope things are cool with you.

cheers.