John Frusciante tribute thread

grievance88grievance88 Posts: 31
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
sry, but i love this guitarist. i am also a guitarist, and this guy is amazing. what creativity and style....anyways, does anyone else think this guy kicks serious ass? and i read that some people think dave navarro is better than him...........hmmm. i don't think so.
anyways, along with jimi, jimmy page, and josh homme, this guy is one of my big 'influences'
i pledge no allegiance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    hes one of the best ever. Not to mention his amazing back up vocals sprinkled all over the By the Way album. They were really missing something without him. I dont know if I could imagine him with another band
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • ShredShred Posts: 28
    his stage improvisations give me tingles.

i ALWAYS improvise but he has such a melody on him.

im more of a speed freak, this man doesnt feel the need to widdle but instead rocks the house by blasting out sum fantastic melodic instremental oddesy
  • I think he's phenomenal on BTW and Californication. I'd hope they go back to harder material next. The popish tunes get a little tired after many listens.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Yeah, I think he's great but he really needs to consider playing a few of the One Hot Minute tunes in concert. Just because Navarro wrote them, does it mean he can't play them? Warped, Aeroplane, My Friends? They were pretty successful...
  • isisisis Posts: 34
    He's my favourite guitarist.

his playing is just pure emotion
    I don't want to hear from those who know
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I like his over all sound, especially clean and mostly with the single coil guitars.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    His rhythm work is amazing.
  • eCioeCio Posts: 23
    I don't know if you already heard his solo albums, but if you want to hear the most emotional i ever heard you should pick up his latest "Shadows Collide With People" (which i'm listening to right now!!! in the 1000th time) simply amazing!!!

must have!!!! the album of the year be far up until now and it will be hard to best it
  • GotShit9GotShit9 Posts: 6
    the Usually just a t-shirt album is fucking great as well. The way he used #3 of that album as an intro for scar tissue on the Off the map dvd, awesome. Now everytime i play scar tissue i can't help but do it that way.
    Life's tough.
    It's tougher if you're stupid.
  • I'm not a guitarist, but I love john frusciante, almost as much as mike!

He stood in front of me at the chilis gig in london last year - here's a pic I took of him!

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v124/Dipika/2003%20pix/Misc%2003/John_Frusciante_dockland03_x1000.jpg

And one of flea: http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v124/Dipika/2003%20pix/Misc%2003/Flea_Dockland03_x1000.jpg
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019