? about pedals

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I bought my first pedal and I'm an electrical moron. Does a pedal have to have battery power or be plugged in and charged to work. I used it last night and wasn't working this morning. If so what kind of power cord should I get. I was under the assumption I could plug it in to the amp and it would provide power.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it needs a battery or an adapter to work. there is no power from the amp.

you also need to unplug the input cable to the pedal when not in use. this disconnects the battery. otherwise it will stay "on" and drain overnight.

what kind of pedal?
  • Boss DD-3 Delay Pedal. I love the sound. It's fucking awesome. Now it needs to work. Thanks for the help. Will any ac adaptor with the right voltage work. I also left it plugged in so I'm sure it drained the battery.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PSA120/

that's what you'd what.

120VAC in, 9VDC out.
  • Gracias.

EV