anyone own or played a carlo robelli acoustic/electric?

throwingcopperthrowingcopper Posts: 96
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
what do you think? i just got one for my birthday last week and it sounds good to me. especially electric. martin strings on it.

anyone played one?
music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i do have a question about this guitar though... the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings are hard to press down because of the bridge being so high... (which is stupid) but, is there anyway of overcoming this? is there a was to put in a new bridge? or just put on different strings?

any help would be appriciated.

thanks.

btw... i think it's the 2001 model... and the model no. is CDG27CEBK
    music. love. life.

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Since you asked, I'll be honest with you . . .
    Carlo Robelli guitars are made almost exclusively for SAM ASH (and Sam Ash makes a killing on these guitars profit-wise) - Okay, let's put it this way, when I worked at Sam Ash we were giving them away to anyone that spent a total of more than $300 on any gear (Sam Ash bought sooo many of them, and had sooo many of them in stock, that they were just trying to find a way to get rid of them - Carlo Robelli guitars very very very very very inexpensive guitars - truthfully, many (not all) Carlo Robelli's guitars literally cost Sam Ash $5-bucks.

As far as a being difficult to press down on the strings - that's easy, your action is too high. There are many other guitars that have this same problem (I've played higher priced Martin's and Gibson's that have this same problem - it's not exclusive to low-end guitars).
    You can remove that little white/cream bridge piece, and file it down on the back side a "little" bit. Or if you're not comfortable with this, then just take it to a guitar tech and ask them to lower your action.
    There are books at your local Barnes & Noble/Boarders Books, and almost every Musical Instrument store that can tell you how to do this (Sam Ash has books on it) - it's a fairly easy thing to do, once you know how.

Also, BIG THING - When was the last time the strings were changed - remember, a new guitar doesn't necessarily mean NEW STRINGS (the guitar could have been on the shelf for a year or more, and there's no telling how many people handled that guitar before you got it - if they're the original strings I'd recommend changing them).
    In that case, try Elixir Polyweb light or custom light guage strings - they are smoother and easier to press down. If this is still difficult, then just get Martin "Silk & Steel" strings - they don't sound as good, but they're easier to press down - Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • thanks very much man... very much appriciated. i just went to my local guitar shop today and they told me to bring it in and they would figure it out for me. i'm sure once i get the bridge fixed and new strings it will be a decent guitar to just bang around on.

thanks again.

lance
    music. love. life.