Set List Advice

Bad RadioBad Radio Posts: 30
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
we are playing out for the 1st time in over a year on Friday, May 7th and we have now become a PJ cover band thanks to me. this is the list we are gonna play, i ws hoping i could get some feedback to see what you think or if we should make any changes. it seems to flow in rehersals, but your opinion would be appreciated.

Untitled
MFC
I am mine
Glorified G
Lukin
Not for you
Do the evolution

BREAK

Off he goes
Thin Air
Thumbing my way
Footsteps
Wishlist

Break

Go
Habit
Present Tense

SHORT BREAK

Corduroy
RVM
In my tree
Satans Bed
Spin the black circle
I got shit
Betterman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• is the club making you guys take the breaks? I've been in bands where everyone wanted to take breaks and it always seemed to me like it was the best time for people to leave and not insult the band while they were on stage...we play like 3-4 hrs with no breaks(except the occasional piss break during a solo acoustic song or long guitar solo) as far as the setlist goes it looks good but imo lose the set breaks. peace
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • Bad RadioBad Radio Posts: 30
    thanks for the reply. no, we do not have to take any breaks. they are just to change tuning and for the small accoutic part. couple minutes tops. i will bring it up tonight when we practice. i was also thinking about adding some covers that PJ does like rockin in the free world, baba o'reilly, i believe in miracles. we only get between 2 and 2 1/2 hours.
  • cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    I say Nice set list but, as my friend said after Camden July 5. "Where is all the good stuff?" I thought about that remark for a while cause I loved the set list. Granted the next night was the infamous casey kasem encore of Porch, Jeremy, Small Town, Better Man, Daughter, Alive, Do The Evolution, Fuckin' Up, Rockin' In The Free World

My friend and some people in general just aren't as into PJ as us hard core fans. Some people are more fans of the more popular stuff (ie TEN) and depending on the situation so depending on the crowd some of the more popular stuff might be a way to bring them into the performance a bit more.

Then go for the cheap pop of " It's great to be here in _____"

But that is just my two cents
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
    we are playing amongst friends and friends of friends. whatever we play should go over fairly well. it just feels good to get back into playin out again.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    looks like a good list, i really like the untitled/mfc opening, ive ALWAYS thought PJ should do that, just seems awesome to me.

possibly throw in some lost dogs, Sad, All Night, Undone, Fatal (would go nice in your acoustic set)

otherwise it looks awesome, good luck
    we have been messin around w/ fatal so we may end up playing it. i wanna play drifting too, but we'll see.
  • onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    Nice!!!:D I cant tell you how excited Id be if I saw a band (other than Pearl Jam) play those songs....hope it goes well..:)
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79