trying to make PJ songs my own

Eddie_Vedder_83Eddie_Vedder_83 Posts: 281
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i've been trying to slow down and strip down PJ songs to a basic form without losing the quality of the song and so far i get only a couple right being:

Whipping
SOLAT
Satans Bed
Tremor Christ

and a couple more

i cant seem to figure out DTE and WMA though for just on guitar....

anyone have an idea how to go about it?
~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    are you playing the chords with a melody line for where the vocals would be?

i've got a pretty laid back version of corduroy i'm trying to smooth out......i used the versions they played at the 96 bridge i think it was, as a blueprint.
  • Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    a great example of an accoustic version is corduroy. Try playing that on your own it sounds excellent.
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • the unseen wrote:
    are you playing the chords with a melody line for where the vocals would be?

i've got a pretty laid back version of corduroy i'm trying to smooth out......i used the versions they played at the 96 bridge i think it was, as a blueprint.

yeah corduroy aint that hard either, but i cant figure out WMA and DTE

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • anyonE????

• i played DTE solo

use the neck pickup on your guitar, set the tone down a little on your guitar, and play clean and play it slower

sounds fuckin spectacular
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • i played DTE solo

use the neck pickup on your guitar, set the tone down a little on your guitar, and play clean and play it slower

sounds fuckin spectacular

how do you play the part where there are 2 guitars going?

-|
    |
    |
    |-
    -|
    |
    |
    |-
    -|--3--3--3--3--3--3--2--2-2--1-1-|--0
    8-|--0
    8-|
    -|--2--2--2--2--2--2--1--1-1--0-0-|--0
    8-|--0
    8-|-
    -|--7--7--7--7--7--7--6--6-6--5-5-|--x--8----8-10---|--x--8----8-10---|-
    -|--8--8--8--8--8--8--7--7-7--6-6-|-