Ed guitar question live on Sad & Don't Gimme No Lip

Eddie_Vedder_83Eddie_Vedder_83 Posts: 281
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does Ed play guitar at Sad at all? before it was premiered live i always though Ed played the intro, but than somewhere in the Canadian tour Stone messed up by starting Sad.

and on Don't Gimme No Lip does play Stone's guitar part? i was wondering since Stone said right before they played it that he had just showed Ed how to play.
~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• all i know is they were shown rehearsing sad on the VFC finale special last year and ed DID NOT play guitar......but then again jeff wasn't playing bass either (he was being interviewed by the camera crew)
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • ok nevermind the gimme no lip question, i just saw the video and its Ed on guitar and Stone singing handsfree :)

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Ed plays on the studio recording of Sad, but he does not play it live.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • ok nevermind the gimme no lip question, i just saw the video and its Ed on guitar and Stone singing handsfree :)
    what video?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Video?!?!

:)
  • Ed doesn't play on Sad Live in Grand Rapids. And I thought McCready played the intro to that song in Grand Rapids.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • yeah there is some amateur vid going around the web of that show, just short clips though. i honestly couldn't tell you where i got it, i think someone shared it on soulseek.