Easy pearl jam songs??

JesusTheTerroristJesusTheTerrorist Posts: 37
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Or any good songs. I cant think of any songs all of us might know, Me and a few friends are starting a band but we know none of the same songs. It's only for the sake of having a girl rock band for a local rock concert thing thats mainly dominated by guys. What could we all learn thats easy, the bassist and I aren't that good.
"Provided there are no pre-conditions"

Originally posted by MrBrian -

"one day a country may just liberate america, what will you say then?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    wish list

rocking in the free world (cover, you can probably learn this in one practice)

spin the black circle (if your fingers are buff enough for the constant power chords)

leaving here (no solos?)

Fatal

I am Mine

Last Kiss (cover, just as easy as RITFW)

crazy mary... lots of easy pj stuff.
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• Bart138Bart138 Posts: 37
    Not for You is pretty easy, although it might be a hard song to sing. Pretty much just moving up and down in the shape of an E chord.
    The chords in Elderly Woman(...) are easy, but the strumming takes work.

As for other bands, Death of Glory by the Clash is one of my favorites, and very easy to play. Thats the case with most punk rock.

Any Nirvana song will be easy, as Kurt was not a technical player.

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) can be loosely played pretty easily, if you use drop-D.

There are tons more...
  • There are so man PEarl Jam songs the 2 of you could pull off depending on how technical and how close you want the songs to sound like the real thing.
    My first suggestion would be to go over to http://www.giventowail.com and look up some songs that are tabbed with just chords.. and go from there. I can play most pearl jam songs on guitar, now singing them and playing them at the same time is difficult for quite a few of them. I just make a few of the songs my own little version, put my own spin on it. Like the slow version of COrduroy or the slower version of In my tree.. Just have fun with it.

So many songs that sound difficult to play, are easily translated into a simple few chords that you can work the words right over... I'll give a few of my favs to play

Garden ( just play the chords, don't worry about the lead part)

Given to FLy ( I simply strum a G to a D for the verses)

Off he goes ( now the pattern to this song is a tad tricky but easy)

Yellow Ledbetter ( 3 chords for pretty much the whole song, the solo.. can be as simple as you want, or as much like mikes as you want)

Who you are (super simple yet, a beautiful song and your friend would have her own semi-bass solo)

Those are just a few.. i could suggest some more if you'd like.. maybe even a few of the Rockin variety.. Hope this helps..
    "He who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Long Road - Easy as hell, but also a very long and slow song
    Small Town- Has two chords and one variation; if you find a version with Cs in it, it's wrong, Stone never plays any Cs; only D, G, and a D variation
    Lukin- All you gotta do is slide
    Cordoroy- If you can barr
    You've Got to Hide You're love away- if you can get the rhythm
    Off He Goes- Easy and fun
    Rockin in the Free World- If you can switch fast and don't mind lots and lots of repeating
    Release- Puh
    Not for You- Easy
    Rearview Mirror- Only a repeating riff and some power chords

...thats about it.

Oh yeah, I just learned Oceans in the last 5 minutes, very easy as well :)

Good luck!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Pearl Jam cover "It's OK." I forget who it is originally by but it is a very easy song to play indeed. You could try that with "Rocking In The Free World" it's a great song by Neil Young originally...it's very hip just now what with being featured in Farenhiet 9/11 film.
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Last Exit is a good one and is pretty easy,mainly power chords and no solo, but you could adlib one in there if you wanted to, the bass isnt hard in it and the Drums aren't that hard either. You guys could deffinately perfect it in one practice, i play guitar and i learned this song in 5 minutes just by ear. Its off of Vitalogy
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    not 4 u....obviously this is an easy song cuz vedder wrote it and technically he is not the best guitarist out there. Its pretty much the E major chord played at different places on the neck...check it out...if vedder can play it..so u can u!! :)
  • parting ways!!
    All I want is the truth.
  • Betterman
    Nothingman
    Untitled and MFC are dead easy and are nearly the same
    All I want is the truth.
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    last kiss, off he goes, small town, i am mine, faithful, release, long road
    those are some pretty easy ones
  • The ManThe Man Posts: 15
    smells like teen spirit, nirvana, very easy, very very easy solo.
  • AstarteAstarte Posts: 5
    Wishlist....I learned to play it on bass in like 2 minutes. It's basically just one note except for the chorus and guitar solo. If I can play it, anyone can.

Low Light is pretty easy too, not sure about how it is on guitar though.

Polly or In Bloom by Nirvana aren't too bad either. Most Nirvana songs aren't too hard, as most people have already mentioned.

Lots of pop/punk songs are pretty easy too...Dammit by Blink 182 for example or When I Come Around by Green Day are fairly simple.
    Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's a picture of me when I'm older." Where'd you get that camera man?
    ~ Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005
  • pj covers:

sonic reducer
    rockin in the free world (we covered it, took 1 practice to get the basics and 2 more just to get it all down with a few parts of our versions)
    fuckin up

well if you can find the lyrics...crapshoot is fuckin easy as hell
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • gotz id wrote:
    wish list

rocking in the free world (cover, you can probably learn this in one practice)

spin the black circle (if your fingers are buff enough for the constant power chords)

leaving here (no solos?)

Fatal

I am Mine

Last Kiss (cover, just as easy as RITFW)

crazy mary... lots of easy pj stuff.
    adding to that..

off he goes
    down
    elderlywomen behind a counter in a small town
    untitled
    MFC is pretty easy i think
    not for you
    betterman

you should talk to me... im on msn all the time... :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Astarte wrote:
    Wishlist....I learned to play it on bass in like 2 minutes. It's basically just one note except for the chorus and guitar solo. If I can play it, anyone can.

Low Light is pretty easy too, not sure about how it is on guitar though.

quote]
    low light on guitar is kind of advanced.

theres an alternate tuning that would drive a novice nuts.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Every now and then I like to play the easy ones, like Wishlist and Black. Especially when I'm singing and playing at the same time, because I'm not too good at it...
    Leeds 25/08/06
    Berlin 23/09/06
    London 18/6/07