Nothinman Tabs

WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
from GivenToWail it says something about 5th fret capo and tuning 1 string off. does that mean you put one of those clamp things on the neck at 5th fret. The tabs are easy but it doesn't sound right when you play it standard tuning (open strings).

This is how it reads:

"All Guitars capo 5th fret...all notes relative to capo
(0 represents capoed 5th fret)
Tune your B string up to a C (EADGCE)"
"This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• from GivenToWail it says something about 5th fret capo and tuning 1 string off. does that mean you put one of those clamp things on the neck at 5th fret. The tabs are easy but it doesn't sound right when you play it standard tuning (open strings).

This is how it reads:

"All Guitars capo 5th fret...all notes relative to capo
    (0 represents capoed 5th fret)
    Tune your B string up to a C (EADGCE)"
    tune your B string up to a C like it says. Then put the capo (that's the clamp thing) on at the 5th fret. Then play it like it says, it's a very easy song...not sure why it doesn't sound right? check your tuning perhaps...
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    i just put the capo on the first fret.

play all the chords at the 5th fret...

if that makes sense to anyone.

d5 all open chord...etc....
  • 62strat wrote:
    i just put the capo on the first fret.

play all the chords at the 5th fret...

if that makes sense to anyone.

d5 all open chord...etc....
    interesting approach..whatever works for ya.

i put the capo on the 5th fret, but i don't tune the B to a C.

check your pms brian.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
    tune your B string up to a C like it says. Then put the capo (that's the clamp thing) on at the 5th fret. Then play it like it says, it's a very easy song...not sure why it doesn't sound right? check your tuning perhaps...

I didn't have a capo, and wasn't sure what it was since I'm still a beginner, I was playing as the tabs read without a capo and without tuning the B string. It didn't sound right, no suprise. So I tried it like a bar chord (?) - my index finger pressing all strings on the 5th fret, it sounded more correct.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03