wow

PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    not remotely worth it. If it were a 59 and played by someone maybe. not that one. 30 grand tops if it's authentic which I don't know about there isn't enough information to tell. also look at the way the inlay is greened over. That looks more like a new Les Paul Classic than an original 1960 which would not age that way because it would be decent MOP inlay. Not to mention the guy would have acres of information on it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    sooooo not legit.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    with tuners like that?!?!

it looks like a reissue..IF that...looks way to new...
  • heh, i just got a new sax for 2 grand as a graduation gift. my folks would die if they even saw me looking at that :P
  • there's one bid already for 50000. wow. i don't think it's legit at all.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • no way would anyone be stupid enough to by a 50,000 dollar guitar online with no information from a seller with no feedback.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    If I was in the market for a guitar of that sort, I'd be travelling around in my limo with a guitar tech and a collection agent beside me...

Of course, that could be something where a mom-and-pop store in some tiny town got an original LP and nobody in town can afford it's market value, so they throw it up on eBay...

Or perhaps a sudden medical emergency...

I'd rather have a '57 Goldtop.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    That's an insane auction put on by a criminal if I had my guess. Before I read the other posts I was thinking to myself that the guitar was a little to shiny and modern looking for a 60's model. I could be wrong, but it looks pretty dubious to me too.

I was wondering if anyone else thought that. Maybe we could all find the guy and beat him with that guitar.

I'm emailing the guy now to see how he plans on proving it's authentic.