Stone in Even Flow

PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Okay, so I've never known what Stone is doing in Even Flow while Mike is playing his solo. I've noticed he only did it in the studio versions and early live shows but not anymore, which is too bad because I think it works well in the background of the song.
Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    MAn, I've read this sentence about 6 times, and I still have no clue what you are saying. Is this a question, or just a stream of consciousness statement ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • MAn, I've read this sentence about 6 times, and I still have no clue what you are saying. Is this a question, or just a stream of consciousness statement ??
    I chuckled aloud when I read your comment. I agree though. When my OLD band covered it about three years ago, I was only good enough to play Stone's part during the solo. Here's what I did:

Tune to drop D. All this is barred by the way and since I can't write tabs, good luck with this one...

10 xxxx12 12 12 12/(slide down and then eventually off). It's confusing yes. Someone out there can correct me or tab out a better version. If this wasn't a question, disregard all of this.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • i used to love that part Stone played there too!!!

thinking it over now tho, its just sort of accents, more then a real part. He probably just wants to give Mike more room, as Evenflow has more and more become Mike's spotlight song. Also, its one of the few spots in the set Stone could sort of loosely mess around, as its not up to him to hold down that part of the song.
  • xtremehardy is right. here is a tabbed version in case you're confused.

e
    B
    G
    D
    A--10---10-10-10-10-11-12---xx12/--
    D--10---10-10-10-10-11-12---xx12/--

That's the way i play it. Basically the same thing. Juse use that basic scheme and play it however you think it sounds best strummed.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • The two studio versions on Evenflow have two different Stone parts. Giventocarve has the TEN version. The other one is a bit different and since I can't tab for the life, you'll have to listen. I like both though.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • It's mostly just imrpov sound effects. It'd seem empty without it though.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • MAn, I've read this sentence about 6 times, and I still have no clue what you are saying. Is this a question, or just a stream of consciousness statement ??

It's okay, everyone else answered for me.

And it was both btw :D
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!