MXR M104 Distortion+ Pedal

C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I bought this today to replace my Boss Distortion pedal.
It has a real nice sound with the the Tubescreamer.
I think it was a good choice.
This is the greatest band in the world
-Ben Harper-MSG 1 2003 -7-8
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    The people who use them swear by them... that would probably be my choice if I was in the market for a legit Distortion pedal (over my tubescreamers).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah it's great, same vein as the Pro Co Rat and almost as popular. It's perfect for that strait rock late 70's AC/DC- Van Halen JCM 800 type of tone.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I can't stand using my tube screamer with a distortion pedal. I used to use a Rat but with the TS it sounded so congested. I not just use my amp's channel switcher and the distortion is so much more authentic...i love it.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by DaytimeDilemma
    I can't stand using my tube screamer with a distortion pedal. I used to use a Rat but with the TS it sounded so congested. I not just use my amp's channel switcher and the distortion is so much more authentic...i love it.

did you change positions of the rat and TS? It could be that you are getting too much compression. I use a single channel amp and I love it. Most of the people i know that use two pedals chained like that don't have channel switching amps. I know that that combo sounds awful on my solid state fender. I use the channel switching when I use that amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
    Ill be going to the studio tonight to jam with my band so ill really be able to gve it good test. It has a nice tone to it .
  • C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
    This pedal has a nice tone.
    Put the distortion too high and it gets a little too fuzzy, but at about 2:00 and the output at 3 oclock. this pedal cranks. Very nice sound.