tablature. sleight of hand. please!

radiohead07radiohead07 Posts: 4
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok....ive been using giventowail.com for years now...
amazing site! thanx to those guys. but i would kill to find a more accurate intro to 'sleight of hand'. the notes they have are sounding ok but its not 100% right and i can't figure it out either.
if you listen to the live versions of the song when Stone plays the riff, he tabs 4 notes, not 3. can anyone please help me here i would kill for an accurate intro cause the rest of the song is perfect to me. help.........any fellow guitarists.

nick.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    wel, if i REMEMBER correctly....the tab for the stduio version on giventowail has stone doing it on the high strings, e b g....

and im sure theres also some guitar layering in the stduio going on and some effects...

LIVE, stone plays thos notes....on the G D A strings, so just transfer those notes onto those strings...off the top of my head it goes...the first three notes then youc an take it fromthere...

G --- 9---
    D ---7--
    A ---9 ---

hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully thats somewhat right...
  • look under live songs/ solos 2003. theres a really good tab
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Leknuk58
    look under live songs/ solos 2003. theres a really good tab

stole the words right outta my mouth :)

the live version of the tab we posted there is more of what Stone's doing.. the studio version has a lot more going on. check it out.
  • hey guys thanx so much.....
    i go there atleast every other day and look at the updates but I totally missed this one. i knew what i was hearing on my bootlegs was not the same as the studio tab....i knew there were 4 notes but i couldnt get it. thanx alot that Stone tab is perfect!
    i got it down good now.....

appreciated.

nick
  • Originally posted by rickp
    stole the words right outta my mouth :)

hey, you showed it to me man
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • You're all WRONG! Every tab for Sleight of hand on the internet is WRONG WRONG WRONG! Im sick of idiots posting up their versions of songs.

The tuning for Sleight of Hand, just like Given to Fly, is: EADGAD

-D-
    0----|
    -A-
    0-|
    4----
    -G- ----0
    2-
    -D- -2
    -A-
    |
    -E-
    |

Theres the first 2 bars. If anyone wants the rest, send me a message. I couldnt be bothered typing it all out now.
  • steveos69 wrote:
    You're all WRONG! Every tab for Sleight of hand on the internet is WRONG WRONG WRONG! Im sick of idiots posting up their versions of songs.

The tuning for Sleight of Hand, just like Given to Fly, is: EADGAD

-D-
    0----|
    -A-
    0-|
    4----
    -G- ----0
    2-
    -D- -2
    -A-
    |
    -E-
    |

Theres the first 2 bars. If anyone wants the rest, send me a message. I couldnt be bothered typing it all out now.
    hmm... really?

Because i've known that song for like a year or two and always played it standard.. and played it well standard..

It's possible in both... I suppose you've watched Stone or something and realized it's in an alt. tuning?

*shrugs*

I know it in standard and I fear change.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Sweet lord this thread is almost 2 years old! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • let me say this!

binaural recording screws up note pitches. If anyone has studied the physics of sounds, or even breifly knows about the dopler effect, you will know the pitch of something changes to the listener pending on thier proximity to the sound source. Close mic'd amps catch the true pitch of the note, but when yoru talking about room mic's several feet, or even yards away, it can make a significant change in pitch. a mic 20 feet away from an amp compared to a close mic'd amp coudl knock the pitch out probly around 20-30 cents. i think this is another key reason why the studio version sounds "wierd".

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • I know. I figured it out by listening to Benaroya hall. The tab I show is from Stone playing live. It sounds slightly out of tune when played with the Binural version. Anyway, on Binural he plays it past the 12th fret I think. But Im 100% certain it is in the same tuning as Given to fly minus the drop D thing.