PJ related: My new music room

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I moved last month and my wife allowed me to have a music room. I thought you guys would dig the PJ stuff. I was lucky enough to have been to just about every show on the wall.
Guitars:
Gustavsson BLuesmaster
Gibson Stanley Burst
Gibson Rossington
Gibson Barth Burst
Artinger DAG Hollow Sport
2nd rack:
Martin D18
Martin OM21 Special
Nik Huber Jr special
Koll Jr special
GVCG Tele #1
GVCG Tele #2
Vinetto Progeria 1

Amps: Mad Prof, Trainwreck, and Straub twisted triode, cabs are Germino and Bogner. Not in photo Burt cab.

Effect Board: BJF, landgraff, board be Puma.

IMG_1448.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1450.jpg
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice room. I love the playing chairs too, they look very comfy.

so you got your Artinger. Nice. Good to see the Wreck head and Twisted Triode in there.

I can't see the one you have in the case.

I think the GVGC's Vinnetto and Bluesmaster would be so hard to choose from when I went up to play.

The Bluesmaster has to be one of the most comfortable versatile guitars in the world it's just like pulling a Ferrari out though I'd be afraid of breathing on it wrong.

Sorry I've been lax with my BJF tourbox review. I tried to pump up my favorites I just haven't sat down and written my thoughts on everything yet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Nice gear . . . Bogner cabs are great (I have a couple myself).
    That isn't a real Trainwreck is it???
    If it's a clone, have you played a real one, and how do you think it compares???
    It was sad to hear that Ken died last year.
    Ken Fischer
    May 12, 1945 - Dec. 23, 2006
    IN HIS OWN WORDS 7/19/2006 . . . "There are only about a hundred real TRAINWRECK’S out there, and about
    5000 lame sounding clones by over 30 cloners. The real ones sell for north of $20,000 with offers of up
    to $35,000 for rare models. I only make amps when health permits. I sell those to personal friends at
    prices they can afford. More bad news, I am the only one it seems that can build and voice my amps
    so they sound right
    . I’ve tried to teach family and friends to build these amps for me, but to no avail.
    They never sound right. I do design amps for other companies, and they do sound very good. I play
    those myself sometimes. However, they are just not a TRAINWRECK".

I know that Ken named all of his Trainwreck amps - if it's a real one, what's her name???
    I've heard quite a few varied reviews (kind of like the Dumble scenarios - those that
    own one really seem to love it - those that don't own one are kinda EHHH about 'em).

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Wood floors in your music rooms? I'd go carpet personally, doesn't the wood provide unwanted echoes?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Novawind wrote:
    Wood floors in your music rooms? I'd go carpet personally, doesn't the wood provide unwanted echoes?

I can't speak for JofZ, but I'm renting the house I currently live in and only for a year. The echo isn't too bad, but it could sound better in there.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Damn..... Gorgeous!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wowee zowee. awesome. looks so great. the guitars go alright too ;)
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    some stylin going on round here. i like
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Novawind wrote:

it depends on what you want really, same reason people record vocals in the bathroom. Sometimes wood rooms are nice and live, that natural reverb could be desireable especially if you're playing an acoustic.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Thank you all for the kind words!
    Auralux is making some tweaks and then the sound proofing goes in. I am going to put a small area rug in and window treatments. There are some strange things going on when the amps are cranked due to the hard room. The TW is a clone, but built to exact specs. I would say it is as close as I will come without spending 35k LOL.

This was definitly a long-term project and it took about 5 years to get my guitars together. I have room for the Carol-Ann and then that is it for a long while.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • JofZ wrote:
    I moved last month and my wife allowed me to have a music room. I thought you guys would dig the PJ stuff. I was lucky enough to have been to just about every show on the wall.
    Guitars:
    Gustavsson BLuesmaster
    Gibson Stanley Burst
    Gibson Rossington
    Gibson Barth Burst
    Artinger DAG Hollow Sport
    2nd rack:
    Martin D18
    Martin OM21 Special
    Nik Huber Jr special
    Koll Jr special
    GVCG Tele #1
    GVCG Tele #2
    Vinetto Progeria 1

Amps: Mad Prof, Trainwreck, and Straub twisted triode, cabs are Germino and Bogner. Not in photo Burt cab.

Effect Board: BJF, landgraff, board be Puma.

IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg

when my wife and i buy a house someday, that's the kind of set up i want. a place for all my posters and music stuff and 1000 cd cases.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Sweet Jesus! That's a gear slut's wet dream.

I didn't realize that your collection was that sick. Good work, man!