Dumble on ebay

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
There is a Dumble pedal on Ebay if anyone is interested in bidding!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=7327765564&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    unless I was starting a museum...........
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    unless I was starting a museum...........

Oh come one, we all know you want to spend the next year reverse engineering Pac :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah but in the past 30 years or so the FET has been exploited in every which way possible. Unless he's using dilithium crystals I doubt it's all that revolutionary anymore, and it's not like people don't take paint thinner and strip those circuits to see what's underneath any how. I don't doubt it sounds really really good. But there's some kind of mythology attached to dumble's designs.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Fuck Dumble. A Two Rock will get you 90% of the way there for a ton less money.

Also...if you love that Robben Ford Dumbley drive tone...check out teh Menatone Howie pedal...it's not a Dumble...but it's not 10 grand either...and I am not convinced that a Dumble sounds 9,900 better, if you know what I mean.

:)
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    enharmonic wrote:
    Fuck Dumble. A Two Rock will get you 90% of the way there for a ton less money.

Also...if you love that Robben Ford Dumbley drive tone...check out teh Menatone Howie pedal...it's not a Dumble...but it's not 10 grand either...and I am not convinced that a Dumble sounds 9,900 better, if you know what I mean.

:)

I agree it is a lot of cash for an amp, but this auction was for his first pedal.

Anyway, I would love to have a Dumble discussion as I find the man an enigma and the more I do research about him the more questions I have.
    I do have a good friend who spent a lot of time with him and while he is a wierd guy who holds grudges and wont build an amp for just anyone, here is what I do know.
    His amps back in the 80s were only 1300-2000K, now getting him to build one is a different story. He did advertise way back, and there are lots of stories of him making amps for no names. The other thing worth pointing out is that no 2 are the same, so when you spend 30K today are you getting Santana tone? Probably not!
    I have a pic of Dumble which I can send anyone who wants to see it. He is about 350lbs and he rides a little motorcycle, no joke.
    I guess the sun and a few other things in Santa Cruz have gone to his head.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?