Options

Guitar One 50 greatest Strat players

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone take a look at the article?

It isn't a true ranking but a list of the best Strat players of all time. Mike came in at 27 and no mention of stone.

Can someone tell me how SRV is listed at 50 and Mayer is in the top 30?
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by JofZ
    Anyone take a look at the article?

It isn't a true ranking but a list of the best Strat players of all time. Mike came in at 27 and no mention of stone.

Can someone tell me how SRV is listed at 50 and Mayer is in the top 30?

maybe it's in reverse order. otherwise, that's heinous.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The guitar world greatest bands poll has been in the news for weeks. Because Limp Bizkit is tops for worst Rock band in America. Of course that's a good choice for worst band with Good Charlotte at 5th but come on. The same kids voting for that are also voting Metallica as sucking and rocking at the same time. Good Charlotte as worst rock band and best punk band. That kind of shit. Readers polls are stupid because there's no variable its all subjective then again....

All these lists are fucking stupid. They create them so people can see how stupid they are. If not. I'm in the wrong job. I'm thinking of sending a resume and transcript of this website to Guitar World.

Theres no standard given or anything so its all subjective and pointless. The only thing I like about them is sometimes they contain musicians I haven't heard and should check out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    The guitar world greatest bands poll has been in the news for weeks. Because Limp Bizkit is tops for worst Rock band in America. Of course that's a good choice for worst band with Good Charlotte at 5th but come on. The same kids voting for that are also voting Metallica as sucking and rocking at the same time. Good Charlotte as worst rock band and best punk band. That kind of shit. Readers polls are stupid because there's no variable its all subjective then again....

All these lists are fucking stupid. They create them so people can see how stupid they are. If not. I'm in the wrong job. I'm thinking of sending a resume and transcript of this website to Guitar World.

Theres no standard given or anything so its all subjective and pointless. The only thing I like about them is sometimes they contain musicians I haven't heard and should check out.

I agree with you, but they do make for great conversations. The poll I am refering to really didn't rank anyone, but they had to make a choice as to how they were listed. The mag didn't print the criteria, so maybe the just took the list of the most popular responses and published them. They did a great job in the head to head list, and not one reader to the best of my knowlegede had any input, just the editors (almost as bad maybe).

I was hoping someone else saw the list, becasue they mention 4 or 5 players who might have owned a strat but aren't famous for playing them (Page, EVH, PT).

This was also the first time in a while I have seen anyone give Mike the props he deserves.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah that's true. I think they are mostly there to get people talking.

Hendrix had a pretty sweet SG too that most people don't know or think about.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    yeah that's true. I think they are mostly there to get people talking.

Hendrix had a pretty sweet SG too that most people don't know or think about.

Next month will be the Gibson list LOL

If I had the cash I would have one too :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    ...The only thing I like about them is sometimes they contain musicians I haven't heard and should check out.

that's exactly why i read guitar world the most. they've helped me expand my horizons musically. hell, if i see an interesting transcription, i'll try and play it and then check out the artist.